jdm h22 dizzy problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jdm h22 dizzy problem?

well, first off my friend just swapped my accord with a h22and when we first started it, it started without a problem, then we gave it a couple of low revs and BAMM....it shut off, never wanted to turn back on, so we came to the conclussion that it was the dizzy, so i bought another one and installed and still nothing, the dizzys getting power and everything but its not producing spark. so my question is anyone know what the problem can be and also how come we could start it with the f22a4 dizzy and not the original h22a dizzy????? anything would help.
    oyea, and its a 91 accord with a jdm h22 with auto lsd???
    thanx

91 ex coupe-daily
    91 2.0si (cb6)original RHD-project
    R.I.P sedan.... will be missed

you bought a new dizzy? or was it used,

Comment

well, i bought a new one, and it still didnt work , so i called the company that sent me the motor and they sent me a jdm one( internal coil ) and it still wont run??? i dont know what the problem is, the car was done monday and its just been sitting in my friends garage because no one can figure out y???

91 ex coupe-daily

Comment

did you check your timing belt?

no
        Accord turbo kit under $2k here
        $30 HID kits here Thread
        "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
        "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Originally posted by Law Grandeur View Post
          did you check your timing belt?
          yea, i did, its good, the dizzy gets the power, just doesnt produce spark???

91 ex coupe-daily

Comment

did you check all fuses? and do all electronics work still?

no
            Accord turbo kit under $2k here
            $30 HID kits here Thread
            "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
            "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

1. Make sure firing order is right
              2. Make sure ignitor and coil are firing.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I recently did my swap but my coil was already on its way out. So since these H22's are so old, the coils are bound to go out sooner or later

member's ride thread
                93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                91 Accord SE 176k
                97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                  I recently did my swap but my coil was already on its way out. So since these H22's are so old, the coils are bound to go out sooner or later
                  yea, thats what i find weird because we tryed like 4 different coils??????

91 ex coupe-daily

Comment

Originally posted by Law Grandeur View Post
                    did you check all fuses? and do all electronics work still?
                    we checked all the fuses, and they all seem good???

91 ex coupe-daily

Comment

i bought my internal coil yesterday, apperently you can use f22a coil into the h22a distributor(i have a jdm h22) it worked for me, usdm h22 have external coils,

Comment

this happened to my accord. we didn't tighten the ground on the T-stat down all the way and the engine ran for 30mins idle when i reved it it died and wouldn't restart. it took a while to find that ground its under the thrermostat housing and you can't really see it.

its just an idea but any other ground is a possibility too! we checked dist/coil/tps/timing/firing order and couldn't come up with anything.
                        Engines hate me... thats why they commit suicide

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMadness View Post
                          this happened to my accord. we didn't tighten the ground on the T-stat down all the way and the engine ran for 30mins idle when i reved it it died and wouldn't restart. it took a while to find that ground its under the thrermostat housing and you can't really see it.

its just an idea but any other ground is a possibility too! we checked dist/coil/tps/timing/firing order and couldn't come up with anything.
                          I second this.
                          Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMadness View Post

yea, we checked everything and we got nothing, im gonna tell him to try the f22 coil in the dizzy and to check the grounds so hopefuly he will come up with something.

91 ex coupe-daily

Comment

Honda internal coils are known for crapping out.
                              wat?

Comment

Working...
                              X