h23 trans guts in f22a case?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h23 trans guts in f22a case?

i have an offer to get a h23 trans but there is a important piece broken on the back of the trans..i was wondering if i could put the gears into my f22 trans case?? could doing this help with my turbo build?
    OHIO CB7's

My Ride

MOD FUND: better if I could sell some of my stuff.

Build Thread

vouches: oneoffaccord, dep22build, 1993haccord, hostile, da9b16, brian91accord,93 Accord lx, kc8enb

Very good question, I believe I've been told before that this will not work. I would imagine that h22/h23 transmission parts will interchange but I believe the f22 is in a league of its own. While that wasn't all that helpful, I will say that often times you can have transmission cases repaired at machine shops, if you have the part that broke off, you can probably have it tig welded back on. Pics may be helpful!
    H22-T FTW!!!

Comment

^Why would you re-use a bad part?

Just fix it right. There are auto mechanics, and there are transmission shops. Just because you know a lot about auto mechanics does not mean you can fix transmissions. I'm using the word you not directed towards anyone.

A complete rebuild of my tranny cost around 1500 bucks.
      Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

What's the piece that's broken? The final drives are interchangeable (shorter FD is the real reason why you'd want the M2S4 in the 1st place), pretty sure some of the shaft sizes are smaller on the F, larger on the H.

Comment

i really dont know.. i havent even saw the trans...i was just wondering if it is worth buying evewn though something on it is defective on the case..
          OHIO CB7's

My Ride

MOD FUND: better if I could sell some of my stuff.

Build Thread

vouches: oneoffaccord, dep22build, 1993haccord, hostile, da9b16, brian91accord,93 Accord lx, kc8enb

Comment

Working...
          X