No announcement yet.

Problems with new CAI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and who's idea was this.........lol looks good man . nice job.

Comment

Originally posted by PRIMOCB7
      well then..let me be the first on cb7tuner to say its ghetto

Comment

Originally posted by 5speedaccord
        and who's idea was this.........lol looks good man . nice job.
        Thanks again for the tip....I will post again when I am completely done!

Comment

Don't hate on your fellow cb7 members He obviously has dedication to follow through, for that he should be admired.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
          where you been, is something wrong?
          i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Originally posted by accordaffair
            Don't hate on your fellow cb7 members He obviously has dedication to follow through, for that he should be admired.

wasn't hatin'..but look what happens when u "cheap out" i know saving $$$ is important, but sometimes u just have to go with proven products, and pay the price for them. but credit for coming up with a solution
            5.6L V8 32V DOHC
            JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

I admire you determination, but you just totally destroyed the efficiency of your cold air setup. The plastic pipe is creating a major restriction in the induction path. Yes, your getting cold air into your engine, but not in an organized manner. Intake systems rely on sound waves to charge the incomming air into the throttle body. With that platic pipe in there, you have lost all sound wave organization. You have also lost innduction velocity. Your engine is working harder to pull air past that piece of pipe. Try this, get one large straw, and one small straw. First suck air through the large straw to notice how easy it is. Then cut the large straw in half and cut a piece of the smaller straw off and tape it in between the two sections of the larger straw. Then try to suck air through it. You will observe what your engine is dealing with. In short, You'd be better off with the stock airbox.
              Last edited by NoSloCB7; 11-06-2004, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Reverbiration off of the intake pipe walls. Visit the AEM website for more information, since your mocking me.

Comment

Yea, intake system is about efficiency of getting air into your engine and that is not efficient. All modifications to improve your intake system (for all-motor it's very important) have to do with improving the efficiency of air flow.

Also, if you plan on painting your pipe, I would use a ceramic-based paint and do it on the inside and outside to keep the cold-air in the pipe and not let it be affected by the engine bay temps or get out into the engine bay, losing your cold-air charge.
                  HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

ok ok I switched to short ram because apparently my cai wasn't "efficient" (actually I decided it rains too much here to risk hydrolock, and I dont wanna buy a bypass valve )

Here are the results!

wadda think? I am buying another piece of black vacuum hose to replace that ugly ass blue silicon.

Also, can I just replace this metal hose with another black vacuum hose? (the lower one) they are fused together and I dont think I can get off the old (upper) one without putting a hole in the bottom one.

Comment

yes i took that hole assembly off and just ran a black hose instead of having that gutl metal shit. just take that out and replace with a black hose. looks a lot cleaner and u did a nice job man good work.

Comment

Originally posted by 5speedaccord
                        yes i took that hole assembly off and just ran a black hose instead of having that gutl metal shit. just take that out and replace with a black hose. looks a lot cleaner and u did a nice job man good work.
                        thanks, I will swing by AZ and put some new hose in.

I still can't believe I paid $40 for that shit and ended up having to cut it all up because they sent me the wrong thing.

Damn Egay

Thanks for the compliments too! I FINALLY unplugged the EACV and adjusted the idle screw on the TB. Reset the ECU, and it idles soooo much better! I think my next task is to replace the front engine mount to try and get rid of the vibration at idle....

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB
                          I went to AEM.
                          All their pretty demos, sound waves, et al, apply to the V2. V2 isn't available for CB7.
                          The "disorganized sound" as you put it applies to all single diameter intakes, AEM included.
                          Well, I've got the AEM master catalog right here in front of me at my shop, and it has a schematic showing sound waves in a single pipe cold air intake setup as well as the V2. They both rely on sound waves, however the V2 is more efficient in design and utilizes the sound better.

Comment

if ya ask me if u buy aem your stupid. ebays the way to go for cai's. listen as long as the cold air from outside the engine bay is entering the intake mani than who cares about anything else. i dont care what aem says if u buy there pipes with a filter your buying a name. cause thats all a cai is is a pipe with a filter. paying aem prices is dumb.

ebay= $30 shipped with filter,hoses,couplers.

aem= $200, filter,hoses.couplers,aem sticker and carb legal sticker whoopie doopie do.

i live in mass and around here emmissions sucks and i passed with no problem with my ebay cai. as far as sounds waves go.....who cares. colder air is less dense than warmer air, so as long as u have that your good to go.

Comment

ok

Comment

lol didnt mean to sound like a dick but seriously. think about it a pipe with a filter is a pipe with a filter.

Comment

Working...
                                X