Problems with new CAI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with new CAI

ok so after paying like 40 bux for this new cai, I find that the pipe is like 4 inches too short! I had to cut it in half to see how much more pipe I would need

I need to know what would be the best way to bridge this gap?
    I was thinking another piece of silicon, but I wanted to ask here first...

Also, how big should I make the hole in my fender?

I have another 6-8" piece of pipe that can attach to the end to follow through the fender......so I think the hole doesn't need to be as big as the filter.
    Last edited by Phire; 11-04-2004, 09:57 PM.

just make the hole big enough to fit the pipe. and yea you can use a spare piece to bridge the gap. but im thinking you should have complained... im assuming you ebay'd that intake. it looks like the wrong one to me. ive gotten a couple of ebay and they all fit perfectly. not sure what you got.

Comment

Agreed, I just got my ebay aem cai for 150 it fit like a glove. Aem recommends a 3 x 5 inch oval running parallel to the battery, which was almost exact for me I believe. Again I agree, that is obviously not made to fit the cb7, but I guess it's unreturnable now ;| . I would recommend using any material which doesn't inhibit the air flow, as that is half of the purpose of a good intake, correct?
      Attached Files

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
      where you been, is something wrong?
      i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

get a piece of pcv piping from home depot, and while your there get 2 rubber cupplers and 4 hose clamps, they sell the same exact rubber cupplers that ebay uses to connect them to the throttle body of course just black. pcv isnt eye candy but very affordable and will do the job.

Comment

buy another one off e-bay.

dremel out the hole wide enough to fit the piping.
          --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

Would painting it black be a bad idea? I am using another piece of pipe+some couplers from Home Depot (thanks for the tip!), but it's anodized blue.

EDIT: I ask because I figured it would absorb heat being black.

Comment

Originally posted by 5speedaccord
              get a piece of pcv piping from home depot, and while your there get 2 rubber cupplers and 4 hose clamps, they sell the same exact rubber cupplers that ebay uses to connect them to the throttle body of course just black. pcv isnt eye candy but very affordable and will do the job.
              Thanks for the tip, I will get some clamps and couplers!

Comment

Get a bypass valve to bridge the gap. No hydolock!
                -Jay

Comment

pcv is in the plumbing isle of course, and the hose clamps are everywear, the couplers are sometimes in weird areas so ask the peeps that work there, i found some couplers in the sink isle lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluejayde
                    Get a bypass valve to bridge the gap. No hydolock!
                    where? Couldn't I just make one?

Comment

Ebay or AEM's website. You probably could make one, with enough time and skill. It'd be a pain in the ass though.
                      -Jay

Comment

well I made some progress. I bought some reinforced PVC Tubing and PVC couplers.

I need to jigsaw out the fender and replace the blue silicon with another black coupler (they fit tighter with the 2 clamps)

Comment

So fresh and so clean, looks like a pro job A+!

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                          where you been, is something wrong?
                          i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Originally posted by accordaffair
                            So fresh and so clean, looks like a pro job A+!
                            Thanks, everyone else has been calling it ghetto (not on cb7)

Comment

Originally posted by Phire
                              Thanks, everyone else has been calling it ghetto (not on cb7)

well then..let me be the first on cb7tuner to say its ghetto
                              5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                              JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Working...
                              X