Dashboard(Cluster)/Elec. Seat Belt Problem:::Need Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dashboard(Cluster)/Elec. Seat Belt Problem:::Need Help Please

This morning i got gas and popped my trunk on accident along with the gas cap. Fill up my tank and shut my trunk. Once i shut the trunk the speedometer, rpm gauge, gas gauge, odometer, CEL, and selt belt stopped working. Only thing that works on the cluster is the Battery Light and turning signals. wtf could it be??? all my fuses are good. all my lights work

ok i started the car up. While the cars runnin when i turn on the lights i hear the beeping noise that you'd hear when the cars not On. Also when i leave the door open while its running it makes the beeping noise as when you have the key in the IG. and the cars off. So maybe theres a short in the Ignition wire harness???

Comment

Fuses? does the stereo work?

Comment

yea radio/antenna works. seems as if the car thinks its off while its running.i hate electric sh!t

Comment

Its weird that the car would run without it but the main ignition fuse sounds blown... check the fuse box under the hood and look at all the big guys. if you have a volt meter or test light check for 12 volts on both sides of the main fuses. just a starting place but its better than nothing... also check your main grounds for everything. do you have stock cluster or are you one of the prelude cluster swappers??

^Click Me!^

Comment

stock cluster.
            damn, is there a diagram that shows where all the main grounds are??
            wasn't the ignition harness, got one from my auto parts store. Still the same crap going on.
            Last edited by DatFlyBoy; 03-14-2009, 11:13 AM.

Comment

bump for help..

Comment

For the most part everything grounds to the body of the car close to the component that is being grounded. Have you taken apart or changed wiring under your dash on the drivers side recently? Alarm or remote starter install?
                Check the main ground to the battery as well. Check its connection to the body is solid and not rusty or anything and clean the battery posts.

Also check the ground from the engine block (tranny area) as well as the head to the block (valve cover to the body). If these are bad it will cause the engine to ground whatever way it can. This means when you turn the starter over it could be grounding through your engine wire harness back through the ecu or whatever else actually has a working ground. This is very very bad. Usually ends up in many burnt fuses and/or wires.

^Click Me!^

Comment

Na. I've never messed with any wires. no alarm or anything

but i'll make sure to scratch up the surfaces on those grounds tomorrow.

also!, my windows dont work. The fuses for them aren't blown and they didn't show that their gettin any juice when i put the test light on them all what the hell could be the cause of that??

Comment

Sticky Ignition Switch??

I don't know if this would be this issue or not but... I encountered an issue w/ my '91 that might be slightly related to yours. I know this is going to sound kinda silly, but here me out. Let me explain the issue I was having so we're on the same page. My '91 project car was totally ripped down to nothing (gutted inside & out, etc). I was experimenting around when I first started the car and found something rather intriguing. I could start my CB, take the key out, and it would run... NO, I wasn't sipping on any strong cold medicine. This was weird but I got the car from a junkyard for $325... what could I say?!? Anyway, I wanted to correct the issue so not just anyone could come up, pop a flat head sd in there and have a joy ride. I checked the fuses, wires, no shorts, splices, etc. etc. Then, one day, I discovered an issue w/ the switch. When the key was turned to the "ON" position and the car was running, I could turn back the key and it would seem to stick on the inside (therefore, keeping the switch in the "ON" position). I turned to what keeps things from sticking...WD! That's right... I grabbed my WD-40 (w/ the little straw) and sprayed inside the key hole (of course, I had removed my key, and the car was off). You don't really need a lot. Just as much as you would need for a rusty padlock or something. A few squirts in there, I tried to key again and presto! The ignition switch was cured. If none of the above^^^ posts work, try it. I don't know if this helps ya or hurts ya, but when I saw this thread that memory popped in my head. What's the worst that could happen, you're key can go into your ignition easier. Maybe, I'm being a noob about this. Good Luck w/ it. Keep us posted.

Comment

lol damn sounds like ur lock or Ignition harness thingy thats inback of the ignition lock was a lil screwed up. My problem is just rediculous. The cluster lights/dimmer works perfectly fine along with the turning signals and Battery light

everything else on my cluster doesn't work, No Gauges, my CEL isn't on anymore. Doesnt indicate that my doors are Open anymore. Seat Belts and windows dont work but my Moonroof works.

Why did i have to slam the damn trunk

Comment

What year is your car?
                        Auto or 5spd?

Comment

91' ex
                          5 speed

Comment

try slamming the trunk agian... lol

the beast : http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=137926

Comment

come on bro...

Comment

Working...
                              X