Slave Cylinder Install Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slave Cylinder Install Question

OK, I got my slave at autozone for like $22, Now, I took it out and there is one thing that I do not understand.

This part here...

There is no real place to insert the part into the cylinder, all there is, is this dish type thing...

Now, do I just set the end of the pin looking thing into the dish?

I just doenst seem right, there isnt a place to secure the pin, it looks like it just sets in the disk... What keeps it from falling out? Just seems kinda odd. Is this right?

Thanks!

My song of the week (or till I change it): Snow Patrol - Take Back The City

turn it around so the "head" sits in the dish. You should have a rubber boot that goes on it as well.

Comment

Nope, wrong, install it just like you have it in the picture.

There's a boot that will fit over the groove on the cylinder and the groove on the rod.

The release fork will hold in in the slave.

You'll have to compress the piston in the cylinder for it to fit on the car. Be careful, if you don't have it hooked up to the hydraulic line it will squirt fluid out on ya.

Also, there is a spring inside the slave that will push the piston out, if it's not hooked up to the hydraulic line it will suck air in when it moves. Not the end of the world, you can get the air out, just will take longer to do.

I'd say bolt the bad boy up to the car, hook up your lines, install the rod and boot.

You'll need the release fork pushing the rod & piston back in when you bleed it, so, make sure you bleed with the whole unit together.
      Bart: What's your name?
      Jim: Well, my name is Jim, but most people call me... Jim.

Comment

Yup....I was way off. My bad. Gray Car is 100% correct. Being sick impairs judgement, I think i'm gonna walk home instead of drive.

Comment

haha, just make sure you walk on the right side of the road.

Comment

Good suggestion, thanx for looking out

Comment

Cool cool... Yeah, I have the boot, It just didnt make the pics... Thanks! Its great to have yall to turn to when I have a question about something
              Last edited by thewoahna; 11-04-2004, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Aw shucks, we love you ya big lug!

Comment

:blush: haha

Comment

Working...
                  X