idle fly..... cause of wd40?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

idle fly..... cause of wd40?

Yea one of my boys was helping me get rid of some fog lights and he "accidently" sprayed all over the distributor and what not and not I got Idle fly, i think it is, the rpm go up then down in neutral or park? How do i get rid of this dudes? thanks

its likely not caused by spraying the dist with wd40. check your fast idle valve. search for it and youll get a bunch of results.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
    member ride thread
    11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
    DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
    People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
    I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
    John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

I see so if I remove the two screws and spray some carb cleaner in there it might elimanate the problem, huh? ummmm no I believe me radiator is leaking so could it be that my thermo is going nuts?

Comment

you have to take the screws off it and see if the doughnut/ ring portion of it has unscrewed itself. screw it back in if it has worked loose.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
        member ride thread
        11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
        DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
        People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
        I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
        John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Fix your radiator problem because if the coolant is low it will mess up your idle.

PURCHASED NOVEMBER 1991. THAT'S RIGHT, I'M THE ONE AND ONLY OWNER. BEAT THAT!

Comment

Working...
          X