No announcement yet.

collector mod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the longer you make it, the more flow you'll get however i dont have any scientific theories supporting it.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i love old threads, seeing jose, rafa and bagoon makes me
      Originally posted by deevergote
      Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

So far my research says,

Short primarys= good for high end
        long primarys=mid range
        short secondaries=?
        long secondaries=?
        short collector= high end
        long collector=mid range

Firstly can someone confirm this?

My theory based on the above is short=high end, so this would mean shortening the secondaries would/could also = high end?

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
        UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
        NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

I think that if you really wanted to analyze this you should start with the simplest scenario and work your way up. I could be way wrong on this, but it makes sense to me.

An individual header / exhaust for each exhaust port on the head would be your baseline. So, what does the difference in length of the "header" on an individual cylinder mean? I say "header" meaning the part from the exhaust port on the manifold all the way to the first restriction: the catalytic converter I would assume.

From there, I assume the next best thing you can do would be to combine the most disparate exhaust ports, i.e. two cylinders whose exhaust strokes are the farthest apart (180 degrees in our case). The first restriction would be the collector point on there. I think the goal is to make that restriction as minimal as possible, and my naive approach would be to say: take the exhaust header diameter and double it; that should give the least amount of restriction up until the cat.

And so on... Sorry if this is vague or unnecessary, but I hope it helps paint a picture. Again, I have no real experience here. Someone tell me to keep my trap shut if I'm out of line, .

Comment

Originally posted by marcusv8thunder View Post
            Big bump?
            Seriously? You couldn't just start another thread?

While I appreciate you taking the time to search; if you have to go back 3+ years to find something of relevance I don't think anyone would have minded.

Now I gotta go move this thing....
            '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

if one doesnt search then its bad, and if one bumps an old thread its also bad

no need to change this joey, the only thing wrong with this, its that is old nothing else

bump for the thread, im also interested on header lenght differences
              Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Been reading some books, seems like shortening those secondaries will move the specific peak rpm up the rev range a bit, but the effect is minimal, however the diameter of them is still important.

Like 80% of the differences are inside the head even before it enters the exhaust, then the manifold/header, is the next most important. On the diameter of the collector, if your primarys are less that 2" like mine are, then a collector of 2.5" will hurt low rpm torque, with some, but little gain up high. A compromise of 2.25" is what im shooting for currently. (This is for a stock/small amount of bolt ons, F20a and F22a)

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
                UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
                NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Working...
                X