BAD misfire, stumble, choke????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BAD misfire, stumble, choke????

Well I just got my car fix today, by putting a new distributor in. It worked fine for of couple minute then suddently my car started to choke on first gear at 1000 to 2500 RPM when I was driving. It's like it not getting fuel or something. It choke really bad, the car RPM drop below 1000 and jump up and back down on first second, third gear, and forth gear is the worse.What might have cause it. I was supecting the ignition timing because I was messing with the distributor. What mostly would have cause it????
    Last edited by Tenji; 11-04-2004, 01:22 AM.

did you put the wires back on correctly? look in a manual, it'll show ya where they go.

Comment

Check to make sure you have good connections to the ignitor inside the dizzy. Might wanna check your ign. timing also to see what its set at.

Jay
      Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

how do you check to see where it's set at.

Comment

you can't just replace a distributor and drive off man.

You gotta check the timing FIRST. Timing is a very picky thing, and must be set acuratly. It's easy to do, just get a timing gun for 20 bucks.

If that's not it, you most likely switched a couple of the spark plug wires.
          Noobie my ASS.

Comment

Originally posted by Tenji
            how do you check to see where it's set at.
            ignitor or ignition timing?

Ignitor is the inside the dizzy behind the dust cover, you will see about 4 wires connected to it-check to see if all are still connected good

Ignition Timing- you will need a timing gun/light. Hook up the gun to the +/- terminals on the battery, then connect the other wire/holder to the #1 spark plug wire. Remove the timing plug-on the tranny housing. If the 15 mark on the flywheel isnt marked, you'll need to mark it with a grease pin-white out-or something that will show up when the light hits it. Then with the car started point the timing gun into the hole and see where the "white mark" is corresponding the the arrow/pointer. If its off adjust the dizzy to make the timing mark line up with the pointer. Also there are two marks on the flywheel-0 and 15, try to get it close to 15-I think the manual says it should be set at 16 +/- 2.

Jay

Comment

or u can listen to it and adj. the fukkin distributor.

sorry, i fukkin hate honda distributors. pieces of mother fukkin shit that belongs in a hyundai pony.

when the position of the distri is off, the motor sounds funny.

in most cases (after swap), i've seen that all u have to do is set it right in the middle and it works pretty good.

when ur timing belt is off, the idle is messed.
              welcome to the DOHC-side..muuuahahahahahah

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1906

Comment

Well, The car can still drive and the idle is fine. Is it normal if I can hear a sqeak from the timing belt when I start up the car. still haven't adjust the distributor like you say, but If that doesn't work then is it because of timing belt, or ignition timing. It's scary when the car do that. It felt like the fuel is cut on and off.

Comment

If the car is idleing good, then its probably not the timing. Usually when you put a new timing belt on, it will squeel if you tighten it up good, but after a while the belt will loosen up a bit and the squeeling should quiet down some. Are you sure its not one of the acc. belts squeeking?

But if your timing belt is off a tooth, you should be able to make up the difference by either advancing or retarting your ignition-depending on which way the belt is off. If the belt is too far off, you probably wouldnt be able to start it. So Im guessing that its not your timing belt-even though it still could be off a little.

Like I said before, check all the wires on the ignitor, thats where my problem was. Then start checking for fuel problems.

Jay

Comment

Well finally figure it out. It was the damn spark plug. It was oily as hell. That might have cause the misfire. I used my bro h22 spark plug and the problem was gone.

Comment

its a wire in the distributer it happend to me last week just open up the distributer and its a loose wire around the bottom of the distributer i put up a pic later of the exact wire but that is the problem so open up the distributer good luck
                      www.2camcrew.com

Comment

Working...
                      X