breaking in new belts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scubasteve_dan View Post
    I just had my timing belt and water pump changed at the dealership and now my engine has a really annoying vibration. Do you think they messed up the timing or something? It accelerates the same as it did before but ib vibrates like a cell phone. Everything in my rear view mirror looks all blurry from the vibrations. It sucks.
    you better take it back. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
      you better take it back. later.
      x2 cause that just don't sound right.
      Originally posted by Makaveli2k
      Be a man. Grab on the crank pulley with one hand, hold some chloroform over the air filter and "Shush it to death".
      Originally posted by Accrdkid
      Hey did you earn your Red Wings? Red Wings being you muffed dived that coochie and tasted copper and got the red mustache.

No matter how far you go, the same path lies in front of you. "ユメクイ"

Comment

Originally posted by Scubasteve_dan View Post
        I just had my timing belt and water pump changed at the dealership and now my engine has a really annoying vibration. Do you think they messed up the timing or something? It accelerates the same as it did before but ib vibrates like a cell phone. Everything in my rear view mirror looks all blurry from the vibrations. It sucks.
        Sounds very like the balance shaft belt has been incorrectly re-installed. If one or both of the the balance shafts are incorrectly 'timed' then not only won't they (or it) not be counteracting the normal straight four engine vibration, they'll be adding vibration...
        Last edited by johnl; 03-24-2009, 06:54 PM.
        Regards from Oz,
        John.

Comment

Originally posted by Jkid View Post
          okay cool thats what it thought but i wanted to be sure so my accelerator is suppose to be tight?
          It's not supposed to feel stiff. If it does then the problem could be in the cable, or at the throttle body, or at the pedal.
          Regards from Oz,
          John.

Comment

I took it back and they checked they're work. Sure enough the stupid mechanic had the balance way off. It runs super smooth now Now I just gotta find out what's killing my fuel economy.

H22 Fund Cancelled. Flight training underway.

Comment

Working...
            X