pressed on rotors.(front)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pressed on rotors.(front)

i need to change my front rotors. i can doo everything except pressing them off/on. were do i go to have this done? how much does this cost?thanks.

Machine Shop or call a garage somewhere

Comment

dude i don't kow why people make it to be so hard
      its not hard at all.
      tomorrow i will get some pic of the tools that i used and i will show u what to do
      its very simple. it won't take u more than 2 hours to do it urself.
      are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Originally posted by alb_accord
        dude i don't kow why people make it to be so hard
        its not hard at all.
        tomorrow i will get some pic of the tools that i used and i will show u what to do
        its very simple. it won't take u more than 2 hours to do it urself.
        damn man that would be great. because i have no spare car to go to a shop after brakes are apart...lol. and my chiltons doesnt make sense. iwould love to see a complete tool list and how to. email is waplace2003@yahoo.com. thanks man. better yet post it for everyone to see.muahahaha. thanks for the info also maple. maple have u had it done? how much?

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=brakes

http://board.hondasociety.com/showthread.php?t=93560

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

dang! thank uncle. godd lookkkkkking out!

Comment

shit my camera isn't working.
              all u need is a oem slide hammer. a axle puller. a 11 spoke socket and the 36mm socket.
              take the axle bolt off.
              losen with only half of the turn the bolts that hold the hub to the rotor. then with the 11spoke socket #10 socket try to take off the 4 bolts in the back. u got to move the steering wheel around for a bit.
              then after u take those bolts off
              put the axle puller where the wheel goes int. but two of the bolt that keep the wheel inthe wheel assably. slide in the slide hammer. 5 of 6 shots. and the rotor is out. take off the hub. insall the new rotor (backstep) make sure u don't tight these front bolts too mcuh(one of mine broke)
              make sure u clean the rotor with brake cleaner before u put the brakes in. make sure the rotors are clean(othewise they will burn)
              and u good to go.
              2 hour job. don't hit with hammer don't take off the wheel assambly.
              as simple as that

Comment

thanks. oem slide hammer? i have a reg slide hammer that uses a screw for a tip. can i rent these tools from autozone?

Comment

yes u can. i got mines for $24. fuck it. i won't return them. they were brand new. hahahah. i will keep them. lol

Comment

empty your pme box. thanks for your pm. yes a video of how u do this would be good. espeically since i havent used the tools before.thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by 91accord4door
                      empty your pme box. thanks for your pm. yes a video of how u do this would be good. espeically since i havent used the tools before.thanks.
                      pass that vid along to everyone, I'm gonna have toget some new rotors soon

Comment

fuck both i can't get a camera man. i am just gona take pic to show u how to use the axle puller and the slide hammer. i will post them tomorrow.

Comment

hell yeah, its about time we get some pics on how to do this, i need to get some new rotors on as well, i got everything done also, except for pressing them off, i hope these pics are gonna turn out awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by 91AccordLX
                            hell yeah, its about time we get some pics on how to do this, i need to get some new rotors on as well, i got everything done also, except for pressing them off, i hope these pics are gonna turn out awesome.
                            knowing alb accord they will.

Comment

man i hope he gets some good pics the inside part of my passenger rotor is completely chewed up big deep ass scratches completely over it, 91accord4door what are you doing up late? watching the election? its to damn bad kerry is going to loose.

Comment

Working...
                              X