car wont drive starts then dies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car wont drive starts then dies

So yeah my civic, yes i know its technical but who cares.

but yeah my civic after todays snow and from spinning tires like crazy since there bald and from all the rain and shit, a CEL came on and now my car wont even run. It starts fine then goes right to rich and dies. i hear the fuel pump and shit.

WHY? i just tryed it again and it did the same thing and i need a car to work tommrow.

What do I do!?

I was thinking of buying that scanner for a140$ fuck

why buy a scanner, when they scan for free?

are you back to stock? or you still on a piggyback craptastic setup? also what injectors you on? last i thought you were on rsx-s or srt's.

might be able to get more help on CF or 7thgenhonda.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
    So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

random idea but when my H22 wouldn't idle right it was because of the injectors. 1 was an accord one and the other 3 were prelude H22 ones. But, get that CEL checked out stat. That could tell you everything you need to know.

member's ride thread
      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
      91 Accord SE 176k
      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by bagoon316 View Post
        why buy a scanner, when they scan for free?

are you back to stock? or you still on a piggyback craptastic setup? also what injectors you on? last i thought you were on rsx-s or srt's.

might be able to get more help on CF or 7thgenhonda.

everything is back to stock, no piggyback and have stock injectors in.

i'm fucked if i can't get my car to work. I just tryed it again and its like dead. why i'm gonna get a scanner its a pain going to autozone to get it and apparently if i buy it i can use it then return it after 60 days like a rent a tool but u have to pay for it upfront

Comment

Dam, this reminds me of my rx7 when it was snowing, tires weren't bald, but my car would start, and would only run with the choke on, car had manual choke so I had to drive it to the shop while holding the choke knob and driving a stick... lots of fun (sarcasm). Anyways I found the problem to be that since it was cold out, the rubber on a vacuum line contracted and popped loose.
          PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

yeah ill check the lines tommrow.

this just wicked sucks. ill have no ride to work if i cant figure it out. ugh

Comment

Working...
            X