skipping and surging on 2 cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

skipping and surging on 2 cylinder

i just helped a friend install an h23. sounds like skipping on cylinderr 2 and 3. What can be the cause? Replaced dizzy, plugs, wires. Timing seems to be correct. This was a JY motor.

Originally posted by rollinjoy View Post
    i just helped a friend install an h23. sounds like skipping on cylinderr 2 and 3. What can be the cause? Replaced dizzy, plugs, wires. Timing seems to be correct. This was a JY motor.
    did you make sure to get the P14 ECU? b/c the stock F22 ones won't run a DOHC motor that well.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

yeah, got the stock prelude ECU with motor.

Comment

skipping? Like excess blow-by? I'd start with a compression test.

Comment

also make sure all the injectors are firing...I was kinda in the same boat...I bought my engine from a guy locally....and he had the car sitting, not taken care of whatsoever....for about 2.5 yrs. Well I ended up having to get another injector b/c I had 3 prelude H22 ones and 1 Accord one...which cause a burble or skipping kinda out the back of the exhaust....kinda like a missing. I put all 4 prelude ones in and it went away immediately.

So chances are, since its a JY motor, they tried to fix it by themselves before they gave up, mixing up whatver parts they had available and then finally surrendered the motor/car to the yard after they gave up trying to fix it. So who knows what could be in there, people are crazy.

member's ride thread
          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
          91 Accord SE 176k
          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

problem solved. vacuum line.

Comment

Working...
            X