Car is smoking need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car is smoking need help

Okay for about the last 2 weeks my car has been smoking/ideling really bad. I thought it was becuase i didnt have a cat on but i got one today and its still smoking/ideling really bad. I have a CEL but im not sure if its code 1 - o2 sensor or code 10 - air intake temp sensor. When i check the code the CEL comes on for about a second and thats it. Seems to make sense that it would be the 02 sensor to me but i am absolutely broke right now and have no way of changing it. Also my car uses a lot of gas now. Almost 10 bucks a day worth for 60 miles of driving.
    R.I.P. Cb7 4/27/05
    My members ride page
    Official Ebay Whore Crew #1

what's up man. listen what kind of smoke it is? white gray/white.
    check the oil. are u burning any?
    check coolant? are u burning any?
    i have this manual that says.
    code 1-----------oxygen content(with cata) i don't know what the cata is but it might be the catalic convertor.
    are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Its like a black smoke. Smells really bad.
      R.I.P. Cb7 4/27/05
      My members ride page

Comment

didnt u gutt your cat? if so thats why ihave the same shit. i am blowing black carbon like crazy since my cats been gutted.

Comment

no its a brand spankin new cat
          R.I.P. Cb7 4/27/05
          My members ride page

Comment

if its black smoke, your running rich. Your o2 sensors toast and your throwing a code 1. replace the sensor.

the cost of gas and repairs to your engine later will far outweigh the cost of the new o2 sensor in the long run.

"Sticker this, censor this, ban this
            We got something to say!
            Police this, condemn this, damn this
            We'll be heard anyway!
            Middle finger is the flag that I wave when I'm silenced!" - MuDvAyNe, "Silenced"

Comment

I just remembered something. A few years back, my o2 sensor threw a code. When I got under there to replace it, the stupid wire had come off (god knows how, its a clip). I plugged it back in and it cleared.

General electronic troubleshooting practice is to unplug the connector, check that is clean, maybe put some dielectric grease on it, and plug it back in to see if it clears.

I'm only saying this because I know what its like to be broke and have to fix a car Give it a shot.

"Sticker this, censor this, ban this
              We got something to say!
              Police this, condemn this, damn this
              We'll be heard anyway!
              Middle finger is the flag that I wave when I'm silenced!" - MuDvAyNe, "Silenced"

Comment

Working...
              X