question about h22 with f22 tranny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by benji View Post

Really, if you wanted to replace your tranny, you might look at the M2B4, it's a happy medium and it's got an LSD.
    How is the M2B4 a medium? It has the same gear ratios as an M2A4(both JDM H22A trans), just with LSD.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by semitas View Post
      it really depends on you, if you race alot, H22 tranny if you dont f22.

i had a jdm h on a f tranny and i really dont remember reaching fith gear, i liked it cause i got good miles per a gollon of gas, the good thing is that you gain speed all the way until you hit like high 7ks in rpms, i only had that car so i was a concerned driver, i never just floored it, but if you can get the h tranny with lsd for a good price, i say go for it
      wow....can't believe they made a smiley doing souljaboy dance...The smiley does it better than Souljaboy. He needs to die btw...he sucks.

*Needs*
      -New shocks
      -Struts
      -Drop
      -Cleaning
      -New Tires/Wheels
      -New Window Tint
      -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
        How is the M2B4 a medium? It has the same gear ratios as an M2A4(both JDM H22A trans), just with LSD.
        Because you have the same 1-3 gears as the M2F4, but with a nicer 4th and 5th, so you aren't as high in the RPMs on the highway, and to top it off it has LSD. Yes, it is pretty much the same as the M2A4, but to me the LSD wins
        1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

I'm glad I read this thread as well. I had the same thoughts. If you have an 8k redline with the h, you really wouldn't need 5th gear.

Comment

wow.. when i was on here before d112crzy was asking me for tuning help and a nice guy. now hes a dick and this forum is turning into ht with all the shit talking... this is pathetic.

Also. Get the h22 swap with the tranny. Now you know the differences. Unless you are sure which tranny you want I suggest to grab the tranny along with the motor for 2 reasons... a back up tranny and you probably will want the performance over gas mileage. Just assuming your like everyone that doesn't like the f22 combined with the h22... if you don't mind the long gears then keep your tranny but with 205k and since the motor is blown I'm assuming it was from beating and or lack of maintenance. Assuming this it won't last on sub 8k shift on an h series for long
            Last edited by SleeperSEDAN; 02-10-2009, 03:24 PM.

Superior Tuning Solutions
            Dedspool MFG
            1995 Civic Coupe : A/M F swap
            LOCK.IT.UP

Comment

Originally posted by nine_deuce View Post
              I'm glad I read this thread as well. I had the same thoughts. If you have an 8k redline with the h, you really wouldn't need 5th gear.
              You would on the highway for cruising.
              1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

if everything goes well on some stuff that im working on ill have my h22 tranny for my h22 engine .right now im driving it with my OG f22 206k miles on the tranny and it pulls fine when i rev the hell out of it.i wonder if ill notice a difference?
                Last edited by zacatecas; 02-10-2009, 07:08 PM.

Comment

I remember my F22 tranny would grind 2nd and 3rd at high rpms. And yes you can do 70 in 2nd with H22a engine and f22a trans.

Comment

what u guys think i should get comlpete h22 swap for 1300 or H22, ecu, wiring harness, prelude final drive gear and limited slip differential for 1000.i heard that if i plan to run the h hard eveytime i shift im gonna drop out of vtec is this true

Comment

Working...
                    X