question about h22 with f22 tranny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about h22 with f22 tranny

my cb has been sitting for a week.BLOWN HG with 206k. very soon im going to do a swap from a f22 to h22 but thinking of keeping my stock tranny.does this mean my rpm's are not going to give me the right info?
    is the h22 actually going 2000 rpm but the needle will show me around 2300 rpm.hope i make sence

u should be fine .. just that the h-series tranny has shorter gears compared to the f-series tranny with longer gears ..

Comment

some more opinions please.

Comment

the h23 tranny is right in between.

Comment

Originally posted by zacatecas View Post
          some more opinions please.
          There are no opinions needed. Do some research on gearing and it will answer all of your questions.

Gearing has nothing to do with the RPM indication of an engine. Your tachometer gets its info from the distributor. If the engine is turning 2000 RPM, then it will indicate 2000RPM. It doesn't matter if it is an F22 or an H22.

The transmission will only affect the RPM's the engine is at when traveling at a given speed. Say 50MPH for instance. In 4th gear with an F22 tranny it might be at 3500RPM while with an H22 tranny under the same circumstances, it might be at 4000RPM.
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

got it.thanks

Comment

it will be a lot better for daily driving.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

It will suck. Period.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                  It will suck. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                    It will suck. Period.
                    Not entirely. The F22 mated to an H22 really tore it up on the highway. Mostly because you could access gears that were lower than the gears you could get to on H22 tranny, I.E. Third was good until just over 100MPH, whereas you would have to be in 4th on the H22. The F22's 3rd is lower than the H22's 4th etc.

I have seen stock H22 w/F22 tranny rape the shit out of a G35 coupe, several BMW's, an XLR , and at least one Eclipse GS-T that blew up trying to keep up.

But, if you are within the limits of the H22 gearing, I would agree that it is overall a better tranny for the engine, but the F22 tranny does have some points where it shines too.
                    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                      Not entirely. The F22 mated to an H22 really tore it up on the highway. Mostly because you could access gears that were lower than the gears you could get to on H22 tranny, I.E. Third was good until just over 100MPH, whereas you would have to be in 4th on the H22. The F22's 3rd is lower than the H22's 4th etc.

I have seen stock H22 w/F22 tranny rape the shit out of a G35 coupe, several BMW's, an XLR , and at least one Eclipse GS-T that blew up trying to keep up.

But, if you are within the limits of the H22 gearing, I would agree that it is overall a better tranny for the engine, but the F22 tranny does have some points where it shines too.
                      Wow! Very interesting, I had no idea. glad i checked this thread out.

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

Yea doing around 70 in 2nd is the cats ass!!!

Comment

woah woah woah? 70 in second? I may not have the original tranny like I thought I did. I get about 75 in third at redline. weird.

Comment

it really depends on you, if you race alot, H22 tranny if you dont f22.

i had a jdm h on a f tranny and i really dont remember reaching fith gear, i liked it cause i got good miles per a gollon of gas, the good thing is that you gain speed all the way until you hit like high 7ks in rpms, i only had that car so i was a concerned driver, i never just floored it, but if you can get the h tranny with lsd for a good price, i say go for it

Comment

I have an H22A with the prelude F22A tranny, and third gear highway pulls are awesome. It sucks for off the line racing, because you are in and out of VTEC so much, but for pulls its nice. Gas mileage is nice, as well. At 75 MPH I'm just over 3000 RPM, instead of 4K+ it would be with an H22A tranny.

Really, if you wanted to replace your tranny, you might look at the M2B4, it's a happy medium and it's got an LSD.
                              1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

Working...
                              X