Flywheel Question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flywheel Question....

I am in the process of getting my OEM flywheel lightened. I was told not to worry about getting it balanced, which sounds odd to me. I was told that it would be even because the same came off all the way around. Is this correct?
    Anything is possible when you don't know what your talking about............

buy fidenza or clutchmasters, lighted factory units can shatter. how many miles are already on your flywheel too. just replace it. whyte7 has one and loves it and i drove it and its incredible at highway speeds.
    JDM H22a
    P2T4 tranny
    I/E, CM ultra-light flywheel and CM stage 1 clutch
    16x7 Rota C8's in bronze
    nitto neo gen, 205/50/16
    custom short throw shifter
    Tokico Illumina RAK Coilovers
    Power Stop Cross-Drilled Rotors, Honda Pads
    Honda Torneo Shift Boot and Knob

Comment

I'm not sure how many miles are on it, I am switching to an LSD tranny for my H22 (should have had that in the first place). I already had the flywheel machined down. Hmmm....what to do.

Comment

Well it is only about $100 for an Exedy OEM replacement flywheel at clutchcityonline.com. I think mine was like $110 shipped or something like that. It was cheap and MUCH more reliable than having it machined down and thus lightening it. But that is only if you are planning to stay OEM. If you go lightweight, I would go with one of the above recommendations. I have heard good things about them and would have gotten one myself but my wallet was not for it.
        "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

I had my stocker lightened...

It made a noticeable difference... butnothing like an 8lb Fidanza...which you can get for $200 shipped if you shop around...

Anyways though... I had mine balanced... I paid about 60 total for the turning and balancing... Didn't have any problems with mine...

I don't know if the work to pull it out was worth the slight amount of freed up rotating mass... but if you have it out already then why not... it might be worth it then....

but don't kid yourself... you can't take off that much weight maybe 5 lbs safely...

It won't compare to a prefabbed lighter flywheel...it's a good lowbuck mod though if you're not expecting too much...
          RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Thanks for the info guys, I'll likely look into an aftermarket lightweight flywheel. I'd rather do it right the first time.

Comment

Working...
            X