Cold Start Idle Surge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold Start Idle Surge

what up when i start my car in the morning after it sits the idle suregs from 1,000 to 2,000 rpm until the engine warms up i have the f22b dohc and i need to know what can i do about this. i checked the vac lines no leaks. i turned down the screw on the intake mani and it still does it. can anyone tell me ehat else to do???? PHATDONUT WHERE ARE YOU??? HELP ME F22B GOD!
    THIS ONE HERE IS CRACK!!

Happens with me too. I think it's just a normal thing.

Comment

Take off your Throttle body, then take of the lil 50 cent size plate on the back of the FITV and you will see a white nut, screw it in all the way, and see if that helps.

becareful not to brake the TB gasket, or else you will need to make one or buy one.
      H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

I must say a very common thing for accords to surge but mine is the opposite! it surges when its warm! And to let you know that on the f22a our Fast Idle Valve is on the front of the intake manifold and closest to drivers side connects to the IAC through small coolant line and has two phillips screws on it thats were the plastic "nut" is it has a brass plunger in the centre thatopens when heats up! The throttle body on our engines have the tps built into them and thats all! No such FITV on my f22a which on the f22b is diff you say? news to me! Cool! Peace!
        Last edited by westsideaccord; 10-22-2004, 12:39 PM.

WaC!

Comment

Originally posted by westsideaccord
          I must say a very common thing for accords to surge but mine is the opposite! it surges when its warm! And to let you know that on the f22a our Fast Idle Valve is on the front of the intake manifold and closest to drivers side connects to the IAC through small coolant line and has two phillips screws on it thats were the plastic "nut" is it has a brass plunger in the centre thatopens when heats up! The throttle body on our engines have the tps built into them and thats all! No such FITV on my f22a which on the f22b is diff you say? news to me! Cool! Peace!
          you still have alot to learn my friend, ALOT.

you prob have a Vac leak, or your tps sensor is bad.
          H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Yes but dont we all seriously?!? As far as it being my TPS I have two accords and that means two throttle body and two TPS so in my switchings of parts from one accord to another my other runs smooth and sweet while mine surges! Vac leak is possible but not for sure seeing as I have already diagnosed that! But none the less still a likely possibility! Not anyone knows everything! Not you, nor I!

WaC!

Comment

lol ok. check behind the intake. where the cold idle vavle is. in the back of the whole intake there should be two things coming out.

on the automatic f22ax there should be a vacume line that goes from a black containter maounted in the middle of the fire wall >>>> to the uper thing in the back of the intake body/cold idle vavle.

if u have manual then the vacume hoze it should be conected to the lower one. and no black container on the fire wall.

i had the problem with the idle jumping up and down when it was cold and it turns out that the hoze was disconected.
              are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Working...
              X