Winter tire choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter tire choices

Unless someone can give me some better ideas...

Im either gonna go with Blizzaks or Fuzion ZRIs.

Im not sure how "wintery" the ZRI is. And Blizzaks are like the best out there.

I can get the ZRIs, mounted and balanced for around $80/ea.
    I can get the Blizzaks(ws60) mounted and ballanced for around $100/ea.

Both 195/60/15.

I like the lok of Potenzas too, but again, im not sure how "winter" they are.

Reason im looking for such a "winter" tire is because, well, theyre going to be used on my winter rims, in the winter.

Ive seen some reviews online of the Blizzaks, but not sure about the ZRIs.

Opinions welcome.

I havent been able to find cheap Winterforces.
    Nor anything on CL.
    And im not sure i wanna "get some cheap tire from wal mart".

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

lol, fuzion Zri's aren't a winter tire...AT ALL. They're like a high perf. summer tire. I had them on my last set of wheels...they're great for AZ weather, hot summers and no snow winters but do NOT cut it in the snow at all, I tried once lol. I'd go w/ the Blizzaks 110%

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Thats what i figured.

Not researching...pwnd.

I might put the ZRIs on my summer wheels then. That or some Nexens

But yeah, ive heard great things about the Bilzzaks.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

id go wit the blizzak or the potenzas i work at firestone those both are very good tires

Comment

Yeah, im thinking about Potenzas, only cuz theyre a little cheaper and most likely have a longer treadlife than the Blizz's. Thats their only downside...low treadlife.

Comment

Im gonna go with the Blizzaks. Just not right now. Ill wait til February.

Comment

definately dont cheap out. i have hankooks(studded), and im allover my lane.very squishy. cant wait to putmy good years back on
              you'll love my nuts!

Comment

listen here and listen good..BRIDGESTONE BLIZZAKS ARE THE BEST IN THE INDUSTRY...hands down.. no need for studded snows or any other type of snow tire...research and you will find the truth

Comment

Originally posted by angus67 View Post
                  definately dont cheap out. i have hankooks(studded), and im allover my lane.very squishy.
                  Squishy is because of 2 things... studs and high profile tires. Winter tires also have a much softer tread compound too, but I've never had a problem keeping the car in my own lane.
                  Any 14/15" tires will be squishier than any 16/17/18" tire, regardless of how cheap or expensive your tires are.

I also have Hankooks for my snow tires in the size the original poster wanted.
                  Here is where I got them from. They got me through 13 inches of snow and slush last march and my buddy who had Blizzaks on her prelude got stuck multiple times. I've got close to 14k miles on mine so far and it's hard to tell they aren't new. For the $70 each tire cost me, I'm glad I have them.

Comment

i got some mid/high range winters for 90 a piece by the name of Saxon they work great. They've gotten me up a unplowed inclined driveway that most cars can't. No noise on hwys and great grip on pavement.
                    BTW the drive way is in my Sig
                    Summer 11' Big plans (Bodywork/paint/rims etc..) in Progress STAY TUNED

CLICK THE PIC

Comment

Oneoff knows whats up.

Im pretty set on the Blizzaks. And i get all 4, mounted and balanced, for just a hair under $400. Ive heard thats a killer deal.

Comment

Michelin X-Ice Xi2 FTW.

They're pretty pricey, but so is putting the car in the ditch. I think for 4 it was around $600-700 installed (can't remember). I find around here most people have the Blizzaks, but I think that's because they're less expensive.

I was talking to a few people at the local tire shop and they were telling me that it's the best winter tire that they sell. The tires actually look sportier then my summer tires :S (I need new summer tires...)

Comment

i have hri on and there not bad as an all season tire

iowa has had alot of snow this year and ive only got stuck once

Comment

Yeah, some places an all-season just wont cut it. Some of the provinces are making winter tires mandatory now.

Comment

Well, these are gonna be strictly winter tires. Like October - April. We actually havent gotten too much snow/ice this year. If we dont get any big precip by the end of the month, ill be convinced that Spriong is on its way, lol.

Usually, in Missouri, mid-December through mid-January is the worst time for deep snow/ice.

Thanks for everyones opinions.

Comment

Working...
                              X