Windshield Wipers stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windshield Wipers stopped working

So yeah on my 02 civic this am after the snowstorm on my way to work, well the wipers stopped working. they worked for a second then after i turned them off they would not turn back on.

The fuse is the same for the fluid pump and thats working so the fuse is fine. When I put the Unit on HIGH inside the car well when I go outside I can hear that the motor is infact working, its making noise.

I'm not sure if something popped off or a bolt loosned? I'm not familiar with the whole wiper contraptions? Any ideas? I'm about to go outside and take it apart but its snowing and if someone knows let me know.

Did you check the nut that holds the wipers onto the gear. Those come lose sometimes
    NEW PSN
    H22wagon

New project. 95 EG HB H22
    RIP

Comment

Originally posted by H22WAGON93 View Post
      Did you check the nut that holds the wipers onto the gear. Those come lose sometimes

those are fine

Comment

O it looks like #8 is messed up. It like broke off and I have no idea how to replace it :-/ Any ideas?

Last edited by Maple50175; 12-20-2008, 07:04 PM.

Comment

sounds like the wiper motor gears to actually move the blade are stripped. gonna need to take the arm off and check it. peace.

Comment

its part #12. IT sucks becuase all thats broken is this plastic piece and they make u get the whole new arm.

Comment

Working...
            X