Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SMOKIN SMOKIN, HELP ME LOL (no it's not smoking weed lol)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SMOKIN SMOKIN, HELP ME LOL (no it's not smoking weed lol)

Alright I have a issue that I've ignored for a couple of weeks but damnit I can't stand it anymore lol. Most of you know that I recently went to Florida. Well, on the trip there I had to put a quart of oil in every time I put gas in my car (hence I only had to put gas in twice). On the way back it was the same way. I started noticing umm like last week that when i start my car a cloud of black smoke hits my garage door and it's oil inside the smoke as well. Even when the car is sitting idoling i see oil coming out and it's not a lot but i notice it. Smoke still comes out when i'm driving regardless of the speed but i don't see it.. but people that have followed me say they see it but it's very light. Anything anyone?! Well appreciated

Originally posted by Juice21
    thnx pimpette, your car inspired me to go lower
    Originally posted by GameChewer
    Shiit i heard that, you heard the queen!

Is it black smoke that's coming out when you're driving? That indicates a rich air/fuel mixture, which is what you're having before the ECU goes into closed loop. If it's blue smoke that comes out, you're burning oil. Can you smell oil burning? Is the oil coming out of the exhaust in liquid form or is it blue smoke?

"The fault-finder will find faults even in paradise. Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse."-Henry David Thoreau

Comment

well, the man did say he had oil coming out of his exhaust if you actually read his post. but when this happens, it usually isnt fun. best bet its either the head gasket letting oil into the combustion chamber, or the piston ring are shot and are also letting oil into the combustion chamber. do a compression test and come back with the results. peace.

Comment

Originally posted by cornerkid322 View Post
        well, the man did say he had oil coming out of his exhaust if you actually read his post.
        You think "breeziebabyyy" is male?

1999 BMW M3
        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

well, the man did say he had oil coming out of his exhaust if you actually read his post. but when this happens, it usually isnt fun. best bet its either the head gasket letting oil into the combustion chamber, or the piston ring are shot and are also letting oil into the combustion chamber. do a compression test and come back with the results. peace.
          Obviously I did, or I wouldn't have mentioned oil.

"The fault-finder will find faults even in paradise. Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse."-Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by IAmTheNight View Post
            Is it black smoke that's coming out when you're driving? That indicates a rich air/fuel mixture, which is what you're having before the ECU goes into closed loop. If it's blue smoke that comes out, you're burning oil. Can you smell oil burning? Is the oil coming out of the exhaust in liquid form or is it blue smoke?
            Oil and smoke are both coming out of the tail pipe

I have no way of doing a compression test, I do not have that type of equipment and the person I know that had it doesn't live here anymore, they moved to Florida

Originally posted by Joshs92ex View Post
            You think "breeziebabyyy" is male?

I'm used to it now

Originally posted by Juice21
            thnx pimpette, your car inspired me to go lower
            Originally posted by GameChewer
            Shiit i heard that, you heard the queen!

Comment

i was talking about "iamthenight"9 (obviously male). and breeziebaby(female) already said that oil is coming out of the tailpipe, obviously in liquid form otherwise she would of stated smoke coming out,right?
              Last edited by cornerkid322; 12-21-2008, 02:25 AM.

Comment

i was talking about "iamthenight"9 (obviously male). and breeziebaby(female) already said that oil is coming out of the tailpipe, obviously in liquid form otherwise she would of stated smoke coming out,right?
                She stated both oil and smoke, which is a rare occurrence. Excuse me for asking for clarification. I don't make assumptions when it comes to diagnosis, especially when helping other members on this forum because they usually leave out important details anyway.

Comment

i think its vavle stem seal or rings are going bad. i saw the car before you went to florida and there was a strong burnt oil smell.
                  MR:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150506

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

first thing id do is check the PCV valve.
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Obviously the motor is burning oil, as her oil level is going down significantly. The dark puff of smoke out the exhaust on cold start up, after vehicle has sat for some time is the initial burn of oil in the chambers. Most likely, your valve stem seals need replacing. When you shut off the motor and park the car, oil gets into the chambers and sits overnight. It burns out when you start the car, that's more than likely what is happening.

Do a leakdown test to confirm the condition of your piston ring seal. If you get good numbers and no air rushing out of your crankcase breather port or PCV valve, then it's for sure your valve stems seals. Besides, you should take note of the ring condition anyhow.

I would save some money for your cylinder head to get reconditioned. Find a temporary ride or do this on holiday/vacation time. Buy OEM valve seals or have a machine shop order them for you, give them to head to clean and inspect for warpage. If they need to resurface, do so. Most importantly, have them do a valve job and new valve stem seal installation. Buy a new OEM headgasket and any other head related seals that need replacing.

Assuming your block is in good shape, good piston ring seal, you're motor will be refreshed when done.
                      Last edited by HondaFan81; 12-23-2008, 10:17 AM.
                      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

that's exactly what my car was doing when i first purchased it, now i know why the guy i bought it from kept saying to use 20w-50 oil, took it to a mechanic and he said it was the rings so i just got another f22

Comment

Working...
                        X