starting problem- electrical related?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

starting problem- electrical related?

i have a 1993 lx, h22a swap, p13. yesterday i went to start my car and it took about 30 seconds of cranking it over to start. as i was driving it seemed to want to stall out once in a while but was fine for the most part, no power loss. i noticed at a stop light that the tachometer would "twitch" a little, moving in short, jerky motions even though the engine rpms didnt actually change.

right now i cannot get the car to start at all.

the tach not getting a constant signal leads me to believe that the problem is linked to the distributer, since thats where the tach gets its signal from. any ideas on were to start? id like to rule out easy stuff first.

kinda the same problem want to kno wat to do also thanks
    my whipp

Comment

i just checked and i am getting no spark at all, checking the cap and rotor as well as the coil now. fawking jdm internal coil, is there a diy on swapping to a external coil?

Comment

my ignition coil has 0ohms resistance, its shorted out.

ok GUA-D'zCB7, use an ignition tester to check your spark at the plugs, if theres no spark, remove your distributer cap and rotor to test your igniter module, if you have a Hayes guide and it shows you how to do it in there, good, if not i can show you how.

if the igniter module checks out ok, move on to the ignition coil. between the primary positive and negative on the coil there should be 4<6 Ohms of resistance, if theres more or less your coil is junk.

my JDM engine has an internal coil so i checked it while i had the cap off and realized it was rubbish, looks like im convertinh to an external coil. a USDM
        H22 will have an external coil.

Comment

shit its not the coil

Comment

ignitor
            00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Originally posted by mrhonda View Post
              ignitor
              would the ignition control module on a jdm h22a distributer be the same part as a usdm 9091 accord distributer? they look the same and are in the same location.

i just tested the ignition mod and the book says there should be 7k - 14k ohms of resistance between the blue terminal (tach wire) and light green (power). my reading jumped wildly around from 0 ohm to 25k ohm, i think the module might be the problem.

Comment

are you talking about the coil I give you
                NEW PSN
                H22wagon

New project. 95 EG HB H22
                RIP

Comment

this is screwy, i think its ecu or wiring related. if it were the TDC sensor it'd throw a code...

Comment

Did you check your Main relay? Since you replacd the coil and ignitor, you need to check the main relay. Happened to me.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                    JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

payed 70 bucks for a used internal coil distributor and it worked fine. check ebay the sellers name is fastdizzy. anyways, if it aint that check your fuel, main relay, or maybe your ecu is fried

no
                      Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                      $30 HID kits here Thread
                      "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                      "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Originally posted by Law Grandeur View Post
                        or maybe your ecu is fried

my windshield leaked water above the passanger side the other day too

Comment

Originally posted by djcaz_aom View Post
                          Did you check your Main relay? Since you replacd the coil and ignitor, you need to check the main relay. Happened to me.
                          if the main relay was bad wouldnt there be no acc power at all?

Comment

i found out theres no continuity between the Ignitor and the ECU in the Green/Yellow wire. ding ding ding winnar.

the Igniter wire goes to the ecu, but splits into two wires attaching to the A21 and A22 pins, the point at which theyre spliced is a weak point, its just a cheap crimp.
                            Last edited by scudweiser; 12-22-2008, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X