Blown Headgasket???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blown Headgasket???

Will driving with a blown headgasket cause any other major problems?
    F22B Swapped CB7

Overheating isn't very good for your engine...

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

it doesnt over heat or anythng.
      F22B Swapped CB7

Comment

i dont no wut part of the gasket is gone but i no my rear bumper is black from the exhaust
        F22B Swapped CB7

Comment

melt a piston
          break the gasket so bad water gets into the piston (hydralock)
          blow the block (hydralock)
          break a cylinder wall
          Originally posted by deevergote
          Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

well i jus need it 2 last me til feb. and i dont have the money 2 get it fixed rit now
            F22B Swapped CB7

Comment

Originally posted by willhholla1 View Post
              well i jus need it 2 last me til feb. and i dont have the money 2 get it fixed rit now
              You don't have 50 bucks for a head gasket, but you have 300 bucks for a new engine then?
              wat?

Comment

in feb i dont need a car, and no i dont hav 50 rit now. and 50 is jus for the gasket itself, thts not gonna get it on the car
                F22B Swapped CB7

Comment

Bro,

I have a blown head gasket also. Oil shows in my coolant, blue/white smoke, black residue on rear bumper, etc. Refill coolant and check the oil every 2-3 days. The best time in my experience is to check the fluids first thing in the morning. I buy the big jugs of oil (5 quart ?), and I use 20w50 so the oil is thicker...hoping that helps me.

I bought the car in April, and drove from NY to GA and back in June before I realized there was a problem.

As a rule, I never go over 2.5k on the odometer, keeping the revs low so the engine doesn't work so hard. At these revs I'm able to do as much as 62mph when I want.

I see an endless amount of Honda's with that residue on the bumper, even at meets where we allegedly see the 'good' owners so you are clearly not the only person with this problem. Definitely not the only one still driving like that.

Not advising you to avoid maintenance, but letting you know that it is possible to adjust your habits so that your car can last even in this shape.

I have another motor being stripped and rebuilt right now, and a second car, but I prefer driving my CB even in this condition.

Phuq the flamers, they can't help but preach. Some people believe there is only one right way for everything and that anything else is wrong...sucks for them, but it's not your problem.

Good luck!
                  Ray
                  1992 EX Sedan, Manual
                  CB7Tuner Illuminati Member #: 18362

JGY Honda

Comment

that's what a friend did in his vehicle when the HG was bad, run thicker oil and top off the coolant often. Well he's deceased now so he doesn't have to worry about topping off anything anymore.
                    Last edited by Leung; 12-14-2008, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by i_rebel View Post
                      I see an endless amount of Honda's with that residue on the bumper, even at meets where we allegedly see the 'good' owners so you are clearly not the only person with this problem. Definitely not the only one still driving like that.
                      I have black residue on my bumper when I rev high, does that automatically mean I have a bad head gasket?

1999 BMW M3
                      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by Joshs92ex View Post
                        I have black residue on my bumper when I rev high, does that automatically mean I have a bad head gasket?
                        i thought that meant you were running rich?

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
                          i thought that meant you were running rich?
                          Same here.

1999 BMW M3
                          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Topping it off and running thicker oil and what not will last you till febuary, but when you get back your going to need to rebuild the engine with new bearings and whatnot. Water and oil don't mix.

Comment

i go thru lik 4 quarts of oil a month, i no if i floor it i will leav a trail of smoke behind and somtimes when i start my car a cloud of white smoke will com out my exhaust..........any possibility its not the headgasket?
                              F22B Swapped CB7

Comment

Working...
                              X