how do you get a turbo cb7 to pass smog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrhonda View Post
    Yep thats right, you cant pass here in az unless the car actually passes lol. Oh, and dont advance the timing either, or you will fail for NOx. Trust me, Im a certified state emissions tech.
    x's 2. just put it back to stock form, put the timing where it belongs, do your basic tuneups and valve adj. and go from there. without a carb legal sign on your turbo kit that was not a factory item, it will not pass. it's like putting an ebay header that has no carb # on there, the ref or the smog person will fail you for visual. good luck.
    The beginning of a new era............................
    165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
    184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

carb dont mean shit outside of cali. itll pass if it passes the sniffer unless theres visual inspections.

Comment

Originally posted by v-dub View Post
        you gonna buy it!!?
        x2
        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas View Post
          carb dont mean shit outside of cali. itll pass if it passes the sniffer unless theres visual inspections.
          do you live in arizona??
          The beginning of a new era............................
          165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
          184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Originally posted by 93F22A6 View Post
            Just take it to a shop where they arn't that strict. the one I go to just looks at my car and thats all. No emissions or nothing. Try to find an older shop with someone you know or someone you knw knows.
            That is because there is no sniffer test in NC anymore.
            Gary A.K.A. Carter
            [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

pay a shop owner off.. costs money to play homeboy..

and florida is awesome!! no inspections ever
              I MISS MY CB7

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas View Post
                its the same way in jersey. however the independent shops can fake it. close the door, hook the sniffer to a passing car, and say it was on your car. illegal, but its done all the time.
                This is possible in states where independent shops and dealers can be certified to perform state inspections. For example, when I lived in Texas I was a certfied state inspector at our dealership. But here in AZ, all inspections are performed by the state...so there is no way to simply "pass" a car at some shady shop.
                00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Well damn that sucks, I'm glad it's not hat way here.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
                  "The Turtle"
                  DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

It would be easier not taking the car turbocharged to the sniffer. Use the OEM parts and hope the car isnt a p.o.s. on emissions. And I dont think you could visually fail so just disconnect the charge pipe.
                    Last edited by 8ball; 12-18-2008, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by v-dub View Post
                      my buddy got a 91 4door with a boosted A4 motor we need some info or a little help getting it threw emissions
                      The only way is if the kit is CARB approved, and all other modifications to the engine are CARB approved as well. Otherwise, you can't.

Originally posted by jimy View Post
                      Easy... switch over to a greddy kit. Greddy kits are smog legal.
                      Not every kit Greddy makes is CARB approved.

Comment

In NY, they do it at shops.
                        DE, they do it at the 3 DMVs in the state.

Comment

you guys shouldn't be trying to pass smog with out it being properly tuned from a shop. street tuning will only do so much. a wide band, dyno and proper ecu tuning should not only make your care more reliable but pass smog at the same time.
                          91 Ex CB9
                          JDM h22 auto swap, now w/H23 5spd conversion, short ram intake w/K&N filter, DC ceramic header, 2.25" custom catback exhaust, AMR Engineering coilovers, 205/50/16's Enkei RS5's, front slotted rotors, Xenon body kit.

W.I.P.
                          p72 ecu on Hondata

To Come
                          Weight Reductions
                          R33 or R34 front end

Comment

just put the stock injectors back on install OEM ecu and remove your charge pipe from your intercooler to the throttle body and put a regular intake on. It should pass with no problem at all.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                            member ride thread
                            11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                            DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                            People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                            I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                            John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

glad i am in ky we got no inspection ...... welll they look at ur milage and ur vin and thats all for ky

93 EX COUPE, F22A6 turbo project
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...45#post1615845
                              96 lexus sc300 DD
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=143563

back from basic.... off to ait.... CB still being worked on i have mad plans for it .. sorry cant tell its on the hush hush for now but all i can say in somewhere around 500 hp soon to come..

Comment

iowa+no inspections=win

Comment

Working...
                                X