Oil leak above exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil leak above exhaust

ok. ive looked and can seem to find anything on it.

after driving for about a half hour, for some odd reason i get an oil leak right behind the motor, under the intake manifold somewhere. it leaks onto the exhaust(right on the flew pipe). does anyone know what it could be? i had this same problem on my 1st cb and i changed the oil pressure switch and it didnt stop. any ideas?

oil filter or oil pan gasket
    1990 accord Honda-Challenge, H22 powered
    newer race video,older race videos
    1991 accord parked, parts and back up shell
    1993 accord acquired 6-11-16

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
      That's what I am thinking. Maybe the filter is on to tight and the O ring isn't seated well enough?
      3 CB's gone....
      1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
        ive heard about the oil filter gasket thing. but i dont know where it is or how to get to it.

Comment

Originally posted by 91Accord-LX View Post
          That's what I am thinking. Maybe the filter is on to tight and the O ring isn't seated well enough?
          well thats one thing i think about when i tighten my oil filter. so i never over tighten it or not enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
            ive heard about the oil filter gasket thing. but i dont know where it is or how to get to it.
            O ring on the filter. I accidentally put mine on too tight once and it leaked. Pissed me off because it took me 2 days to find it. I kept thinking "I just changed the filter so that can't be it".

Worth a shot to check though. Just take a rag and wipe around the oil filter seats to the block and see if you get anything.

EDIT: Sorry Shadow, didn't see that post when I posted that.
            Last edited by Father Time; 12-13-2008, 02:26 PM.
            3 CB's gone....
            1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Oil filter
              Oil Pan
              Oil Press sensor
              Head gasket
              wat?

Comment

Originally posted by 91Accord-LX View Post
                O ring on the filter. I accidentally put mine on too tight once and it leaked. Pissed me off because it took me 2 days to find it. I kept thinking "I just changed the filter so that can't be it".

Worth a shot to check though. Just take a rag and wipe around the oil filter seats to the block and see if you get anything.

EDIT: Sorry Shadow, didn't see that post when I posted that.

lmao. its cool. ill be sure to check all that stuff tho.

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
                Oil filter
                Oil Pan
                Oil Press sensor
                Head gasket
                you think the head gasket would cause an oil leak? but i got the oil pressure sensor in my car now. but ill be getting a new oil pan gasket on my next check.

Comment

you think the head gasket would cause an oil leak? but i got the oil pressure sensor in my car now. but ill be getting a new oil pan gasket on my next check.
                  Nots not that common, but it is possible.
                  wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
                    Nots not that common, but it is possible.
                    ill take a look at that. i think this motor needs an overhaul anyway. it has over 200k on it. im not sure if any of the seals or gaskets were changed.

Comment

yeah i have lots of leaks it leaks from my oil return line someplace near the front main seal and my trany leaks near the axles
                      back at it again

Comment

ill take a look at that. i think this motor needs an overhaul anyway. it has over 200k on it. im not sure if any of the seals or gaskets were changed.
                        My motor has 260k on all original seals...Hardly any leaks, really.
                        Originally posted by sweet91accord
                        if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
                          My motor has 260k on all original seals...Hardly any leaks, really.
                          lucky mine has 180k?
                          back at it again

Comment

Working...
                          X