h23 thermostat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h23 thermostat

I put one in with my h23 manifold swap. Are they the same spec as oem f22?
    RoaR MRT

if you didnt know but there are different temperature ratings on thermostats. if you put it in correctly and it does indeed fit...im pretty sure it is correct.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

If it's in and it fit, then great! I do know the Prelude uses a larger t-stat, most of the other Honda's are the same, for example, I'm using a B series Mugen t-stat on my F22A. I guess in your case, you carried over the F t-stat housing? Unless the H23 and F22A1 (in the Prelude S) are the smaller size, IDK w/o going onto Majestic for p/o's.

Comment

The guy who sold me the manifold pretty much had everything on it. It looked like a junkyard hack job. So the t-stat and housing and everything went on with the manifold. NO overheating issues yet. I was just wondering if it could affect idle because I left the h23 temp sensor in the housing as is when I installed it.
        RoaR MRT

Comment

I believe H thermos are different.
          wat?

Comment

Would that equate to high idle?

Im idlin at 900 rpm and can't turn it down anymore. I believe people do that with race cars, so they can idle higher all the time so they can rev up quicker.
            RoaR MRT

Comment

when warmed up, pull the IACV electreical plug and check what rpm's you are idling at. if it is at 650, then the IACV is operating correctly.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
              X