Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car reving from 1200 rpm to 2500 rpm on its own?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quickangel93 View Post
    The map sensor is located in the black box near the fuse box

......on the firewall ..OVER the fuel filter...with all the vacuum hoses coming from it.

** thought Id give your comment more detail.
    92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
    My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

Originally posted by SN2BH22CB7 View Post
      ......on the firewall ..OVER the fuel filter...with all the vacuum hoses coming from it.

** thought Id give your comment more detail.
      thanks. yea the 90-97 accords have problems with thier map sensors
      miss my turbo cb7
      moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93 View Post
        thanks. yea the 90-97 accords have problems with thier map sensors
        mine was doing the same thing i unpluged TPS and it stoped it will throw a code but i drove it for ab a month and pluged it back up and it stoped
        kiss my grill
        Members Ride

Comment

ill try SN"s idea...

edit: just tried that idea, but when i opened up my rad cap its sorta cracky and lose around the bottom rubber ring. should i get a new cap then? anddd it definitly leaks straight out when i tried to pour in the antifreeze..i only poured it to the resvior tank be4..where is a good place to start..? unbolt the plastic skid thing on the bottom? is it a hose?
          Last edited by 1990AccordBoy; 12-06-2008, 11:20 AM.

1990 Accord EX 91200 miles..SOLD 2700$
          out of the game for now but looking

Comment

Originally posted by 1990AccordBoy View Post
            ill try SN"s idea...

edit: just tried that idea, but when i opened up my rad cap its sorta cracky and lose around the bottom rubber ring. should i get a new cap then? anddd it definitly leaks straight out when i tried to pour in the antifreeze..i only poured it to the resvior tank be4..where is a good place to start..? unbolt the plastic skid thing on the bottom? is it a hose?
            replace the radiator cap. go and get a Honda Accord radiator cap.

wheres it leaking from?

the bottom radiator tank?

through the cooling fins.....wheres the leak coming from?

if its coming from the bottom...take the airdam off.. OR...jack the car up...look over top of that plastic airdam...and take a look at the radiator bottom tank and lower radiator hose.

what you could also look at...is the peacock too ( drain peacock and surrounding areas for leaks )

take a flashlight to it..for more visiblity.

if you have the stock radiator..look at the crimps ( metal crimps )...if its leaking...replace the radiator.

between the crimps...is some sort of foamy insulation to keep it from leaking.

if its leaking..you could take it out...and have a radiator repair shop fix it...

they can replace the lower tank...and crimps. or just get a new one from autozone for $110
            92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
            My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

it was the raditior..ordered one from ebay for 70$...has the fluid caked on the bottom..i know its the raditior b.c it dripped down too fast to be a hose..cuz if it was it'd need pressure

1990 Accord EX 91200 miles..SOLD 2700$
              out of the game for now but looking

Comment

Working...
              X