Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how hard is it to replace the rear quarter window?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how hard is it to replace the rear quarter window?

well as many of you may know my car was recently broken into by breaking the quarter window on my rear door...

i took my car to a body shop that a guy my dads friends with owns and he said honda only makes that window and itll cost 154 bux from them and then another 50 for labor...

i asked him if the only "labor" required was glueing the window into the weather stripping and putting it in and he said yes..

so my question is this, if i buy a new rear quarter window from a junk yard/auto salvage yard, how hard will it be for me to put it in myself?

if its as simple as removing the door panel (which im thinking it is) im gonna do it myself...screw 200 bux!

Get a FREE PLAYSTATION 3 before anyone else can!!!

thats outrageous.

It's 75 INSTALLED here.

Call around. Find another place.
    Noobie my ASS.

Comment

oops.

Or pay 15 bucks at a junk yard, then go to a decent window place and pay 25 bucks to have it installed.

Then you got a new window installed for 40 bucks.
      Noobie my ASS.

Comment

I have an extra quarter window from the drivers back side door. Anyway you only have to take off a few screws and it comes out, but I think you also have to take the window off the track. It is not extremely hard, but it takes some work since the quarter window shares the track with the back window.

If you are handy with tools and have time and a place where to work it should not take you more than a couple of hours!

GL
        Last edited by laz; 10-19-2004, 12:39 AM.

Comment

laz how much do you want for the window shipped to 75019?

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron
            laz how much do you want for the window shipped to 75019?
            You got PM Also I have a 91, is it the same for your year?

Comment

i dont know if it is or not...does anyone?

Comment

Dont pay none of that shit this just happened to me last week I had a extra quater window or u can get one from the junk yard for 10 bucks and to install it u take off the rubber slowly take old window out and put new window in its simple a 10 minute job thats crazy do it yourself and save 200 bucks they are tryin to charge u

Comment

how ironic... i read this thread yesterday, and this morning my rear driverside window got broken out, and some bastard fucking theives stole my amp...i interrupted them i guess because they were in the process of stealing my speaker.... but i got to it in time. im goin to sell my shit and try to swap my rear window out of my other cb7 that i totalled the front end... any tips on the install please post
                  Seattle Silver crew #5
                  Member of the Midwest Car Club.
                  ..........2004 accord ex v6 - J30A4.......................... 91 accord ex - JDM H22A -- Long gone...

Comment

yea...i took off my door panel today and i dont see a clear way to take off the window...

which rubber are you supposed to remove and how does it come off?

on my broken window i saw the weather stripping no longer stayed in without the glass there but when i took off the door panel on the side with the non-broken glass i didnt see a way the glass could come out

Comment

The bar that sits between the the bigger window and the small quarter window has a screw or two? But I think you pull the rubber molding off from the door. Anyways that whole black bar comes out and the quarter window just slides out.
                      Originally posted by rickyduckworth
                      i'll do *** things for the OEM trunk lip spoiler

Comment

That is correct, but from memory I believe you have to remove the window first, which is not tha hard. So it is a little bit of work. I only did it after I replaced my door and gutted out the old door.

X

Comment

Ya, I did it when my window was broken out and was puting in a new one. But just make sure you roll down the window too line up the hole to where the bottom of the window is, there you will see a bolt that is attached to the bottom of the window in the middle. Loosen that and that way you can slide the window up and down without having to use the motor. The remove the rubber striping around the window..... this will let you take out the window. Once the window is out unbolt the black bar, slide that over to the inside and side the broken quarter window frame out. It's really not that hard, once you see how easy the quarter window comes out you'll be surprised.

If you have any more questions let me know, I will be more than happy to help you out.
                          Originally posted by rickyduckworth
                          i'll do *** things for the OEM trunk lip spoiler

Comment

alright guys thanks a lot

Comment

alright so heres the procedure...correct me if im wrong please

1. remove door panel
                              2. peel back moisture gaurd
                              3. roll down window
                              4. remove weather stripping (does it just peel off? how is it attached to the door? how well will it go back on?)
                              5. unbolt window and slide it out
                              6. unbolt black bar (and the screw for the bar is behind the door panel?)
                              7. slide bar over
                              8. remove window!

Comment

Working...
                              X