Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BIG problem, redline on startup

here's the situation:
    my car was low on coolant and getting warm tonight so i pulled into a burger king to get some water. as i pulled out, my car got very unresponsive and starting actinglike it was at WOT. i shut it off immediately and coasted into a parking lot. i tried starting it up and it immediately revved up again like i was on the gas and smoking really bad out the exhaust. i shut it off as quickly as possible so it didnt blow up. i i checked everything and i cant find a single new thing wrong with it. i checked the IACV and when i unplugged it and started the car, it reved to 2000 and started revving to about 2.5k and dropping back down really quick. does anyone have a clue what is going on?
    there were a couple things wrong with it before this happened. for the past month i have been driving with no tps (my engine mounts are dead and it rocked too far, pulling the wires out of the tps plug) but aside from a high idle everything has been fine. this week i also noticed that i need to adjust my timing belt tensioner but i havent driven a whole lot this week so i didnt think it was a big deal until i could get around to it.

please help me, i really need to get my car home. i had it towed to my friend's house (AAA is awesome!) but i cant really leave it there too long, and its not drivable as-is.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

I'd bet its the tps not being hooked up...or maybe the ecu is fuxored

edit: I installed my pt6 the other day, so if you discover that your ecu is in fact bad, I still have my stock pt3 and its perfectly good....I actually have my old tps from my stock a1 throttle body too.

Make sure you check your throttle cable too, and make sure none of those block-off plates you made aren't leaking.
    Last edited by mndude07; 11-28-2008, 01:04 AM.
    There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Vacuum leak..
      "form follows function."
      Louis Sullivan

Comment

well i think i found the problem. the intake manifold i put in about a month or 2 ago is already cracked on the driver side. i didnt put the brace on the IM and i didnt loc-tite the nuts that kept backing off and it just cracked. i'm pissed, i am looking for a new car to drive around while i fix the accord and do some other stuff.

god im so sick of this shit.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

i know how it feels man when u only got one car and then that bitch brakes down.... thats how i am right now my hulk fucked up the oil pump went out and the rod bearing started knocking so now i drive the damn ss (super Slow) road service truck from my job and it sucks i gotta wake up like 6 times at night to chek on it
          CB7_HULK SMASH!!!

Comment

Working...
          X