ok, i have no air, HELPPPPP!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, i have no air, HELPPPPP!!!!!!!

ok, so my fan just quit working like i have no heat,defrost, or nothin. can any help me with this problem??
    ..it's bean bitches!!..

Blower motor died or you blew a fuse.
    wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
      Blower motor died or you blew a fuse.
      that what i'm thinkin, i haven't checked it out yet cuz i just got done tiniting my windows so i'ma check, hopefully it's the fuse
      ..it's bean bitches!!..

Comment

My first thought is that it is one of two things. The blower motor itself or the blower motor resistor.

blower motor 79310-SM4-A01 $216.08
        motor resistor 79330-SM4-003 $31.18

We sell more motors than resistors, but I stock them both. Put 12 volts to the motor and see if it comes on, if so its the resistor, if not its the motor.

It would be cool if it is just a fuse. Mucho cheaper.
        1992 Accord EX 4dr 5spd - SOLD after just over a decade of ownership
        2000 Subaru Legacy GT wagon 5spd
        AHM Platinum Parts Counterperson

Comment

Originally posted by jhnyct View Post
          My first thought is that it is one of two things. The blower motor itself or the blower motor resistor.

blower motor 79310-SM4-A01 $216.08
          motor resistor 79330-SM4-003 $31.18

We sell more motors than resistors, but I stock them both. Put 12 volts to the motor and see if it comes on, if so its the resistor, if not its the motor.

It would be cool if it is just a fuse. Mucho cheaper.

yea, my last cb's blower motor went in november, def sucks trying to defrost the WS with a lighter.I jumped the motor with my remote wire from my system, and it was barely turning. Most likely its the motor.
          90 Panda DX F22A6

Comment

Where is the resistor located? Is it easy to get to?
            1993 Accord LX - Sold
            93 BMW 525it - SOLD
            92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
            2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
            2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
            2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
            2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
            2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

It appears to be on the top of the heater box. I can't find anything that tells me exactly how to access it. I would try dropping the glove box and see if you can see it from there. I have a feeling it is going to be a PITA to get to. Good luck.
              1992 Accord EX 4dr 5spd - SOLD after just over a decade of ownership
              2000 Subaru Legacy GT wagon 5spd
              AHM Platinum Parts Counterperson

Comment

ok so im'm un-lucky, it's not the fuse, which now means i have to go look at the resistor and the motor it self. Question: How do i test the resistor and does the resistor keep the motor from running??
                ..it's bean bitches!!..

Comment

Right above your question there is an answer.

Put 12v to the motor, if it works then your resistor needs to be replaced. If not replace the motor.
                  Click for my ride thread.

Comment

how do i put a 12v to the motor?
                    ..it's bean bitches!!..

Comment

ok well i just got done rippin the dash apart the motor was comein out and i sat up and started me car to charge the battery a lil, well i turned the fan on for kicks and giggles rite, IT STARTED WORKING!@!! i was so mad lol but gotta look at the bright side of things, saved myself $200 lol
                      ..it's bean bitches!!..

Comment

It's probably the brushes inside the blower motor. They are worn out and too short so it looses contact with the rotor (the thing that spins inside the motor). When it's not too too bad yet, it will kick back on sometimes with a good smack. I'd pick up a junkyard blower motor for back up/piece of mind (they usually go for $25-75 around here). You don't want to be stuck with no heat at this time of year.

Comment

Thanks for the thread

My blower motor died today, early this 19deg. morning. With 5 fresh inches and ice everywhere. I have no air. BUMMER!!

The fuse was fine. The relay was fine. I removed the cover under the dash to see the fan. Turned it on.. grrr.. Barely moving but trying, So electricity is making it there... A little lube just to see. NO GO.

Go to the "U Pull it" salvage yard up the street, All three are gone. At least I don't need to remove the entire dash eh?

Brrrr!!

Comment

well i un hooked my whole motor and it was to big to just slide out from under the dash so i actually need to pull the dash off to get it out, if u manage to get it out a different way, lemme know haha
                            ..it's bean bitches!!..

Comment

Originally posted by coffe_bean26 View Post
                              well i un hooked my whole motor and it was to big to just slide out from under the dash so i actually need to pull the dash off to get it out, if u manage to get it out a different way, lemme know haha
                              I am having the same problem trying to remove my blower motor assembly, is there another way besides removing the dash?
                              PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Working...
                              X