H22a headgasket oem or aftermarket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22a headgasket oem or aftermarket

so as the title says i am kinda stuck. the engine is disassembled (short block intact)

92 h22a closed deck

now how are the aftermaket head gaskets? i am not paying honda locally almost 175 and with aditude. i have some options
    beck arnley
    altrom

nippon reinz. says it oem for honda and i can get it for 45$ this situation happened to me with the main relay. dealer was 125 or so and i bought it from my supplier for 32 and change. when it arrived they were the same , bag and all just one had a honda sticker
    96 Accord SiR driveline installed. CF2 donar

Originally posted by cb9wagon View Post
    so as the title says i am kinda stuck. the engine is disassembled (short block intact)

92 h22a closed deck

now how are the aftermaket head gaskets? i am not paying honda locally almost 175 and with aditude. i have some options
    beck arnley
    altrom

nippon reinz. says it oem for honda and i can get it for 45$ this situation happened to me with the main relay. dealer was 125 or so and i bought it from my supplier for 32 and change. when it arrived they were the same , bag and all just one had a honda sticker
    OEM honda gaskets at majestic are only 52 bucks plus shipping. At my local dealer they wanted 84 plus tax. So go on there and get it.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

anybody shipped to canada in the past?

Comment

beck arnley will do just fine. They most important part is making sure your heads surface is true and you torque your headstuds properly.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

i think what is more important is the eveness in surfaces, cleanliness and the fasteners.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

well i don't have too much experience with head gaskets, but i would stick with Honda stickered OEM. If you have the money that is.

But in a situation like this, if you do it, you want to do it right.

And i get Honda OEM parts crack whore cheap.

Comment

yeah everything is mint. the engine had some external block damage. there is two companies that manufacture gaskets for honda that are availble locally.the first is nippon reinz and there is one more but the name escapes me, it's a japanese company though

the parts i'm using for this thing for the most part is beck arnley. seals,oil pump gasket..... the timing belt is availble too with the honda name on it but not from honda. and about 70 too

Comment

Does HKS make a HG? It'll never blow again....of course, it's expensive though.
                VIP Status.

Comment

OEM only.

Sorry, but the other gaskets most likely won't last as long.

There is a reason why they run 150-200K with no problems from the factory, and then when you rebuild them with aftermarket stuff they only usually give you 50 max before that problem happens all over again.

Not all parts are created equally, even if they are made by the same company. Ask Hondafan81 about that, as he works for a major parts supplier. Also, most of the people doing this professionally who are actually good at it use OEM parts as much as possible.

There MUST be a reason why...

Oh, and you need to go to www.slhondaparts.com or www.hondaautomotiveparts.com or www.manhonda.com. For just a few dollars more with shipping, you will get a better product.
                  The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                    OEM only.
                    i agree but after more looking i think that i sourced the honda one before honda gets it. otherwise i'd be paying for the ass at the dealer or shipping and brokerage.

Comment

im pretty sure honda just buys their shit from a supplier and rebrands it.
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                        you got it! a friend that works honda at a dealership locally let me know that this happens quite a bit.

Comment

i agree but after more looking i think that i sourced the honda one before honda gets it. otherwise i'd be paying for the ass at the dealer or shipping and brokerage.
                          No you didn't.

You also didn't look at those site I posted because they really aren't that much more expensive.

When Honda orders parts, they are shipped directly to either the assembly lines, or to the warehouses where they will be stored until needed.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                            Not exactly no.

Honda does use suppliers to manufacture their parts. HOWEVER. Everything that is shipped directly to Honda is built exactly to their specifications.

Just because that same company might also happen to build head gaskets for Autozone for Honda cars DOES NOT mean that they are the exact same thing as the ones that are sent directly to Honda.

This is true with all OEM's. For instance, the company that makes rubber seals for Honda might also make them for GM, Toyota, Ford, Chrysler and Hyundai. But the quality of them could be completely different, because it is up to the OEMs how much quality they want, and how much they are willing to pay. One reason Hondas last longer than say Chryslers. They are willing to pay more for the part and have higher specifications than Chrysler does.

Ask Hondafan if you don't believe me.

Comment

you got it! a friend that works honda at a dealership locally let me know that this happens quite a bit.
                              Working at a Honda dealership doesn't mean that you know how everything works. Half the time, the employees at the Honda dealership can't even get me the part I need, let alone know where it comes from.

Read my previous post. This will be more than backed up by anyone you care to talk to who is actually involved in manufacturing as an auto supplier.

Also, just because the dealer might go get a gasket from NAPA doesn't mean it is a process condoned by Honda. The dealerships aren't owned by Honda, nor are they run by them.

Comment

Working...
                              X