Rear balance shaft spun...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear balance shaft spun...

I am in the middle of doing my timing belt and the balance shaft sprocket spun before I was able to mark it's position or lock it in place.

Ideas?

Just leave the balance shaft belt off?
    Last edited by Jon; 11-20-2008, 12:56 AM. Reason: spelling... and to remove the "S" on belt
    Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

wut i did was spin it back best to memory and have no problems since.
    Just reset it to the marks on the housing an the dot on the sprocket.don't forget to remark the bottom mark on the retainer on top the housing.
    Summer 11' Big plans (Bodywork/paint/rims etc..) in Progress STAY TUNED

CLICK THE PIC

Comment

the rear balance shaft can be set by removing the service bolt on the back of the block. Should be a 14mm

remove that and turn the balance shaft until you can slide a screw driver in there. I think you still have to line up the dot on the housing too, since it could be 180 deg off....cant really recall on that part

Formerly 91AccordExR33
      11.68 @ 127mph
      417whp/375wtq
      Sold: 8/2016

Comment

or just run without it like i do!

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
        member ride thread
        11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
        DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
        People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
        I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
        John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

I'm going to be running a Bisi stage 2 cam, anyone have an idea how bad it's going to shake at idle without the balance shaft?

That's my only concern with leaving it off at this point.

Comment

I been reving mine to 8000 rpm and havent noticed much difference in vibration over what it was before i took the belt off.

Way i do it is install the belt and do all tensioning of both belts then slide the balance shaft belt off that way i know theres nothing loose and everything is where its supposed to be.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
            member ride thread
            11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
            DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
            People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
            I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
            John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Leave the balance shaft belt off and deal with timing belt tension only.

OR

Rotate the rear sprocket until the dimple on the front face is at about 5 oclock, then slide a sctewdriver or similar that slides through the rear balance shaft (I believe 74mm marked depth). Then line up front balance shaft sprocket and the crank accordingly, then install the belt.
              HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

I think I'll just leave it off for now. If it vibrates more then I like, I'll rip it all apart again and add the belt.

Thanks for the info guys!
                Last edited by Jon; 11-20-2008, 01:01 AM.

Comment

yeah keep us updated on that, i've been thinking about leaving my balance belt off when i do the TB
                  Cars:
                  91 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                  98 Accord LX Sedan
                  95 Eagle Talon TSI AWD (E3 16G, PTE 780cc, Godspeed FMIC)

Comment

Working...
                  X