F22A6 intake manifold swap getting started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22A6 intake manifold swap getting started

I just purchased a A6 intake manifold today. The whole thing excluding TB. So i took it all apart today when i got it home. I am going to take it to the machine shop to get it cleaned real good and make it new and make sure the place where it connects to the head is not warped. All i need is to get the gasket set and the new vaccum lines. Then i will be set to put it on i can't wait.

good luck, let us know how it turns out...

My Ride

Comment

good luck, let us know how it turns out...
      Adam - Retired OG member from '03
      2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
      2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
      2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

WTF, double post by two different members? that's some weird shit.
        Originally posted by rickyduckworth
        i'll do *** things for the OEM trunk lip spoiler

Comment

got any news yet???

Comment

Well no new news yet but i have a bit of a problem. I have to take off the vaccum booster off the plate to get it cleaned and i am not sure how to do it cause it is on there with a clip i am thinking of just breaking it and getting a new one? any ideas.

Another idea well with the wireing that i would have to do to the ECU when i get the ECU i am thinking of just getting a rpm switch like one from MSD or just a manual switch? and wireing up the black box on that to open the butterflys? what do you think?

Comment

Dude have you looked at the top of the technical part ( where you are posting) It says F22a6 manifold swap faq? it explains what all is needed.
              Last edited by Tone-us; 10-17-2004, 05:32 AM.
              Originally posted by rickyduckworth
              i'll do *** things for the OEM trunk lip spoiler

Comment

I did read the whole article that is why i am doing this project. I am just trying to find a different way to open the butteryflys. I am also going to try to get the H23 intake manifold do to a F22A6/H23 intake manifold hybrid. i will keep it updated on everything.

Comment

any updates?

Comment

Well the update is that i am getting an H23 manifold off mrmike to hybrid them with the top pedulam and TB and try anything else i can do with it. I am also getting the A6 ECU to help with that. I am getting everything next week including the gaskets and then all i have to do is build it and then put it on. So next week i will have a lot of updates and pics hopefully.

Comment

when i did my a6 swap i never ran the pink wire to pin #17 on my a6 ecu. i just ran the vacume line from the diaphram to a spare vacume inlet on the back of my intake mani. my valves open aroun 4k now. i dont even have the black box hooked up. its a lot easier than running the wire to the ecu and the only difference is the valves open a little earlier than normally but it still feels great. a lot better top end.

Comment

Well everyone i wrote this very early i guess i just got to excited. I got the H23 manifold and the A6 ECU. So the next step is to get the gaskets and put everything together. I think i will do the H23 pedulem and A6 runners. I just need to make sure everything is cool before i put things in.

Can I use the A6 ECU even with out the Manifold? Will it improve performance some?

Comment

well i finally got the manifold on . It was slow at work today so i decided to bring in my car and do the manifold swap. It was fun and it sucked at the same time. Anyone who has done this it does take a while. I am running with out a TB gasket right now untill tomorrow when i get one. I put on the H23 injectors and fuel rail but I guess the injectors do not work cause when I cranked it over there was no fuel but I do have the fuel rail and pressure regulator. I do notice a difference but not sure if it is really there LOL. It may just be in my head. I have the vaccum hooked up to the back of the manifold. I will be putting in a switch tomorrow if it is slow. When I first went for a test drive it was great. I punched it and it halled ass and it even readlined at 6500 rpm but now it is doing the same things as it was. That is why i am not sure if I can feel a difference.

Comment

How long did it take you? I just did (kinda done, need iab and ecu still) mine a couple days ago. It took me approx 12 hours If I was a mechanic I'd be SO fired

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                            where you been, is something wrong?
                            i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Damn 12hrs?!

Anyways when your done let us know how it feels. Did you clean up the IM before you put it on?
                              92 DA9 // 93 D21 4x4 // 92 CB7

Comment

Working...
                              X