wet distributor coil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wet distributor coil?

i had my car taken to my mechanic cuz it was stallin out and stuff, and he called me back and said that there was a igniter coil in my distributer that was fucked up or sumthin. he said it was $400 to fix.

would all i have to do is buy a new distributer and replace it? i think 400 is way too much to spend, and wondering how much a distributer costs and if i can install it myself.

I don't think Just the igniter cost that much. For 400 bucks you can get a new dizzy from HONDA. But you buy just the igniter for a lot less than that! I know there is a member that just did this like two days ago.
    Originally posted by rickyduckworth
    i'll do *** things for the OEM trunk lip spoiler

Comment

the ignition coil? if so....

HAHAHA.. 400 bucks.. that's one hell of a rip-off.. dont go back to that shop ever again if it's the part i think it is.
      The ignition coil is internal on some dizzy's and mighty cheap and easy to replace. All you need to do is take off the distributor cap, take out the distributor rotor and then you'll see the ignition coil.. there's 2 screws i think, just take them out, replace it and put it all back together. It only cost me 30 bucks for the Ingition coil, don't even think about spending 400 for anything involved with the distributor.
      --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

alright guys thanks. ill just take the car home and work on it this weekend hopefully. can i just buy one of the igintion coils at napa?

if it isnt just the coil, i can still buy a whole distributor on ebay for like 60 bucks. the most for a whole one was about 150

Comment

SELLING A DISTRIBUTER FOR A HONDA ACCORD EX FOR ONLY $35 WITH A BRAND NEW COIL ALREADY IN SIDE THE DISTRIBUTER.... IF YOUR NOT IN THE MIAMI AREA $40......

CALL ME OR EMAIL ME

ENDLESSREV@HOTMAIL.COM

3053883833 ASK FOR CHRIS

PISSED OFF POODLE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by EndlessRev
            SELLING A DISTRIBUTER FOR A HONDA ACCORD EX FOR ONLY $35 WITH A BRAND NEW COIL ALREADY IN SIDE THE DISTRIBUTER.... IF YOUR NOT IN THE MIAMI AREA $40......

CALL ME OR EMAIL ME

ENDLESSREV@HOTMAIL.COM

3053883833 ASK FOR CHRIS
            You can't beat that price bro. lok into it. And also that $400 price tag is pure bullshit. NEVER go back to that shop again.
            FS: BNIB MFactory FD $650, PM me.

Comment

i got a extra working ignition coil here..if u want it holla...i paid like 70 at the dealer for it, but i think it has some mileage on it.

but yes thats a rip...
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

yeha well my dad said it would be easier just to let them do it....i already owe them money for labor, so my dad said i should just have them finish the job. hes paying for it, but im gonna have to pay him back im guessing. dammit, that sucks cuz my birthday is next week and now im guessing thats my present. and i was hoping for a 1998 accord my dad found for $2k i thought he was gonna get it for me stupid old car.

Comment

for that price u might as well go to honda.
                  What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

if you've gota pay your dad back, explain to him that 15 mins worth of work and at most a $75 part is not worth $400..

Hopefully you still get that newer accord, that's one hell of a deal..
                    --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

Working...
                    X