Are Automatic ECU's chippable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are Automatic ECU's chippable?

I'm trying to chip my P13 but some say it isn't chipable. The problem is I have a JDM H22 w/ Auto, so I'm wondering how would I go about getting a chipped ECU to work w/ it? I already have the P0F TCU that controls the transmission, just need the ECU to delete the speed limiter, EGR etc.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

i think a p28 would work best since it's already vtec enabled.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...able+civic+ecu
    Last edited by Leung; 11-03-2008, 09:04 PM.

Comment

you can chip other ecu's to run your auto

my tuner and i were having problems running a chipped auto p28 in mine, but he chipped an auto p28 for an auto h22 civic with no problems
      OHIO CB7'S #11
      SOLD

Members Ride DevlTuning

Comment

Originally posted by jacobuchanan140 View Post
        you can chip other ecu's to run your auto

my tuner and i were having problems running a chipped auto p28 in mine, but he chipped an auto p28 for an auto h22 civic with no problems
        okay, so it HAS to be an Auto ECU that is chipped? it can't be a manual one? I thought the TCU controlled all the auto tran's issues...and the ECU just did the vtec, engine speed, etc? Where can I readup more on this stuff? not ECU chipping, but compatibility wise....

member's ride thread
        91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

You can't chip a P13 anyways.

But you can run a auto car with a chipped ecu. Ask Nic (90cb7sleeper) he did it.
          Gary A.K.A. Carter
          [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

I ran my h23/f22 setup with a chipped p06 on uberdata 1.7, it has been comfirmed that uber 1.66 will run an auto setup fine. At that time my ecu was an auto ecu but it doesnt matter auto/manual... im running my manual with the original auto p06 with no problems.

Only issues i had with mine was a rough idle on start-up but then again i was only on a basemap.

Contact d112crzy for more info on this subject, good luck Kai.

Comment

Originally posted by 90Cb7sleeper View Post
              I ran my h23/f22 setup with a chipped p06 on uberdata 1.7, it has been comfirmed that uber 1.66 will run an auto setup fine. At that time my ecu was an auto ecu but it doesnt matter auto/manual... im running my manual with the original auto p06 with no problems.

Only issues i had with mine was a rough idle on start-up but then again i was only on a basemap.

Contact d112crzy for more info on this subject, good luck Kai.
              yeah i tried contacting him, but he's kinda afraid to tune an Auto ECU....I also tried MRX but he didn't get back to me. so I guess til i learn more about what can and can't be done, i'll just be content w/ my p13...at least til my engine's all squared away in my car lol

member's ride thread
              91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

IIRC, boost_lee was running his first turbo setup on uber 1.66 and while remaining auto. just someone else that may be able to help

Comment

you might have to do what i did. turn to the dark side and swap to a manual. i ran my auto h22 fine for 3 years. lucky you though. you had the correct tcu. i ran my stock f22 one. best way to remove the limiter is thru an ecu upgrade with hondata or the such and drivetrain upgrade. your thirst for more power will hit alot sooner with an autio unless you beef up the tranny. which would be cheaper to convert the drivetrain over instead. you may want to get it addressed before to long though. i ran mine car hard and i swear it ran lean but she still holds up. gas maps are completely screwed though. not good for the investment put into the car by not able to properly tune.
                  91 Ex CB9
                  JDM h22 auto swap, now w/H23 5spd conversion, short ram intake w/K&N filter, DC ceramic header, 2.25" custom catback exhaust, AMR Engineering coilovers, 205/50/16's Enkei RS5's, front slotted rotors, Xenon body kit.

W.I.P.
                  p72 ecu on Hondata

To Come
                  Weight Reductions
                  R33 or R34 front end

Comment

Originally posted by flight50 View Post
                    you might have to do what i did. turn to the dark side and swap to a manual. i ran my auto h22 fine for 3 years. lucky you though. you had the correct tcu. i ran my stock f22 one. best way to remove the limiter is thru an ecu upgrade with hondata or the such and drivetrain upgrade. your thirst for more power will hit alot sooner with an autio unless you beef up the tranny. which would be cheaper to convert the drivetrain over instead. you may want to get it addressed before to long though. i ran mine car hard and i swear it ran lean but she still holds up. gas maps are completely screwed though. not good for the investment put into the car by not able to properly tune.
                    so you ran w/ the P13 and it ran lean? or is that after many add ons and stuff?

member's ride thread
                    91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

bump.... kinda old thread but want to know the answer to ^^^^^that

Comment

Contact d112crzy, he tuned prnonvtec4u's auto f22b.

Comment

Thank you sir

Comment

I just sent my ECU to Locash racing here locally yesterday. So he should have it done by today is what he said. VTEC to 4500 and Rev limit to 8k. I'm on a stock block so i don't want anything too crazy. EGR and knock stay, but speedlimiter are gone. Oh and he said he was gonna optimize the throttle position when cruising to give better mpg.

member's ride thread
                            91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

ok but is that on an auto tranny?

Comment

Working...
                              X