Oil Pressure Gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil Pressure Gauge

I'm trying to hook up my oil pressure gauge and cant find a place to hook it up to the motor. So where did you guys hook up your oil pressure gauges I have a F22 pictures would be nice. But any help is great

You tee off the Oil pressure sensor. It's just above the oil filter on the back of the block.
    My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

Bustedlx is right just make sure that connection is flawless. Use stainless steel lines if you can.

In addition to his question about oil gauges, where is the best place for the oil temperature gauge to be? I tried the oil pan and it worked but the connection was weak. What ever adapters came with the unit were pure b.s. on mine.
      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

For my guage I used a VDO dual sender (for the dummy light and the guage) and used a 1/8 BSPT male--> 1/8 NPT female adapter straight to the block. Works fine for me and there's enough clearance between it and the intermediate shaft.

Note: This is on a H22 so the sender is below the filter not above it.

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
          In addition to his question about oil gauges, where is the best place for the oil temperature gauge to be? I tried the oil pan and it worked but the connection was weak. What ever adapters came with the unit were pure b.s. on mine.
          What's your temp sender look like?
          My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

its a probe...its an obx gauge if that helps any. I'll try to get a pic here soon. Its kind of confusing to explain otherwise but the probe is about 2-3" long and has a brass threaded brass connection on the line. There is another threaded nut that accepts the one on the line (therefore locking the probe in place) and is threaded yet again to go into say the oil pan drain bolt. Only prob is the focker has massive threading and the probe can't lock in place (to prevent leaks) without it.
            Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

my gauge is electrical, so I soldered it to a new oil sending unit..it never worked..some voltage problem. So, I cut tha dummy light for the low oil warning off, and re-attached the oil sending wire for my gauge..works like a charm now..

-A. Swift
              CB7 member number 137
              Black Doubt Crew member #2
              Ebay Whore Club member #5

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

AIM: boostinswifty38

alipne 7995 deck, pioneer 400w 4 ch amp, and all the wires for sale..500 obo!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

Comment

My gauge is mechanical (sp?) and it has an air line coming off the back of the gauge

Comment

I am thinking about ordering an electrical oil pressure guage.

So I tap into the wire that comes off of the oil sending unit?

Comment

Originally posted by do0dfromcali
                    I am thinking about ordering an electrical oil pressure guage.

So I tap into the wire that comes off of the oil sending unit?
                    Nope. You need a different sender as well. The sender that's on your car know just triggers at 8psi. Its only meant for a dummy light.

Comment

Working...
                    X