Popping sound when clutch is let out!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Popping sound when clutch is let out!!

I've recently noticed that every time I let the clutch out (mainly just in reverse), I can hear a popping noise that sounds like it's coming from the transmission. Is that normal, or is there something wrong with that?
    91 lx h22a

Member's Ride Thread
    bought from: xkjnboix, new_beginnings

Originally posted by blakmetal.honda View Post
    I've recently noticed that every time I let the clutch out (mainly just in reverse), I can hear a popping noise that sounds like it's coming from the transmission. Is that normal, or is there something wrong with that?
    It's not normal and my car does the same thing so I'm going to keep an eye on this thread. I've been thinking it's either my sorry clutch (XTD) or the rear mount. It doesn't make sense for it to be my rear mount though because I'm running the ESP full setup, however I'm NOT running the front torque mount (supposedly not needed with ESP kit).

Check your motor mounts and also check the chassis for any loose bolts, all I can think of.
    My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Yeah, I have ESP mounts too, but I still have my front mount. It's not loud or anything, and it only seems to be in reverse. Like I can't hear it if I have music on at all.

And actually to be more exact it's more of a 'ting' then a 'pop'. I'll look around for loose bolts in a couple days.
      91 lx h22a

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

put the car in gear and try to rock it back and forth. check the engine bay and see if you can find what the noise is.
        are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Originally posted by alb_accord View Post
          put the car in gear and try to rock it back and forth. check the engine bay and see if you can find what the noise is.
          I said it sounds like it's inside the transmission..

Also once in a while when I start moving and then push the clutch back in, it sounds like something is slightly scraping on something else while spinning, then stops after about 5 seconds.
          91 lx h22a

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by alb_accord View Post
            i think what he means is that if you put it in reverse with the car off and rock it, what ever is making the noise should continue to do so. thus without motor noise, you can narrow it down.

Comment

Working...
            X