Holy Shyt!!!!!..Help!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy Shyt!!!!!..Help!!!!!

ok two days ago my car started hesitating on the throttle...now its gotten to the point where it wont move also i started the car and tested each plug by pulling the wire from it, all except 4 change how the car idles....could i have a dead cylinder..

ive replaced:

spark plugs and wires

oh yea...car idles great

no cels from the ecu i can start the car and pull the plug wire off of cylinder 4 and the idle doesnt change but my spark plug is firing and so is the wire coming from the dizzy

Comment

Any other symptoms? Does it sound odd, different than it used to? When you say the plug is firing, how do you know? If you've had it out of the head so you can see the spark and the engine ran the same as when it was in the head, it sounds like you've got a bad valve. You might want to check compression on all four cylinders or pop the valve cover and turn the motor by hand so you can see if one of the valves is stuck or broken.

Comment

failling of the TPS sensor ??
        Honda accord Ex-i 89 : death
        Toyota celica GTS 91 : sold
        Honda accord Ex 92 :Gone to heaven..<--- click for pics <--- you miss me so much!
        Honda accord Lx 90 : the shit box...
        Honda accord Ex-R 92 :The New Cb7! <--- click for pics <--- Gonna be one clean looking JDM Cb7 !
        BMW E30 325IS 1989 :My other new toy

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
          Any other symptoms? Does it sound odd, different than it used to? When you say the plug is firing, how do you know? If you've had it out of the head so you can see the spark and the engine ran the same as when it was in the head, it sounds like you've got a bad valve. You might want to check compression on all four cylinders or pop the valve cover and turn the motor by hand so you can see if one of the valves is stuck or broken.
          speedometer stopped working, and it does sound diffrent like its missing and yea you can here the plug wire popping before it connects to the plug but that sounds like its true or could be the problem ima check the valves 2mar thanks man

Comment

when you pull the spark plug wire to see if there's any changes, if there any changes, then that cyl. is good. if there are no changes in idle, then that cyl. is dead or weak. didn't you say that you just had your t belt replaced? or was I thinking of someone else?
            The beginning of a new era............................
            165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
            184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Originally posted by H22A91CB7 View Post
              speedometer stopped working, and it does sound diffrent like its missing and yea you can here the plug wire popping before it connects to the plug but that sounds like its true or could be the problem ima check the valves 2mar thanks man

Okay you've got fire to the plug how do you know the plug itself is firing? Could be as simple as a bad plug.

Comment

it sounds to me like it's a fuel problem.
                "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by jhondayaaj View Post
                  when you pull the spark plug wire to see if there's any changes, if there any changes, then that cyl. is good. if there are no changes in idle, then that cyl. is dead or weak. didn't you say that you just had your t belt replaced? or was I thinking of someone else?
                  this is a different motor but yes timing belt is new and no i get no change in the idle when i pull the plug on cylinder 4 and i know the spark plug is firing because i tested it...and saw spark...i heard it could be a valve???

Comment

Well lets see get a compression tester on that cylinder. Make sure fuel is firing into the chamber.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    I piss off people for fun.
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Had water in my fuel tank car runs fine now

Comment

Originally posted by jdm_stylez View Post
                        failling of the TPS sensor ??
                        I heard if it goes bad the engine reverts to defalt settings

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                        01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                        93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                        93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

so it's fine now.
                          The beginning of a new era............................
                          165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                          184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Originally posted by H22A91CB7 View Post
                            Had water in my fuel tank car runs fine now
                            like i said fuel problem lol..

mine has had the same syptoms due to water still being in the tank of the waterlog i am restoring,

glad it's fixed for ya.
                            "Self Renewed"

Comment

Wonder why it only affected one cylinder?

Comment

Working...
                              X