Cool OEM antenna??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool OEM antenna??

I have an aftermarket "stubby" antenna replacement, and its working properly and all, but i kinda like the whole "auto antenna" thing and i wanna go back to the OEM look.

However....

Ive noticed that most, if not all, OEM antennas are very tall. I know its an antenna, but i dont want it sticking up 3+ feet from the car. Id preferably like it to NOT be anymore than like 18-20 inches tall. The stubby is about 13.5".

My question is, aside from the Half-Mast deal, is there anyway i can have an OEM antenna, with motor, and it not exceed 20" in height?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
    I have an aftermarket "stubby" antenna replacement, and its working properly and all, but i kinda like the whole "auto antenna" thing and i wanna go back to the OEM look.

However....

Ive noticed that most, if not all, OEM antennas are very tall. I know its an antenna, but i dont want it sticking up 3+ feet from the car. Id preferably like it to NOT be anymore than like 18-20 inches tall. The stubby is about 13.5".

My question is, aside from the Half-Mast deal, is there anyway i can have an OEM antenna, with motor, and it not exceed 20" in height?
    yep just buy the oem antenna and then buy an antenna mast switch. it lets you control how high you want your antenna

Last edited by slick; 10-22-2008, 10:52 PM.
    Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
    Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
    JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Is a mast switch the same thing as the "Half-Mast" switch?

I dont wanna have a bunch of buttons and whatnot. I just want it to raise up when i turn my radio on and lower when i turn it off.

What if i tried to find a shorter aftermarket mast that will still attach to the motor

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

why not try and find an s2000 one. just a thought.

Comment

There is a diy on here for the s2000 antenna. Looks really good

Comment

Yes, yes, i know about the s2k antenna, but i want OEM CB.

Part of me likes the s2k look, but just something about having an automatic antenna, is just so cool.

Comment

dont want it sticking up 3+ feet
              Thats not what she said mike....
              wat?

Comment

Mine doesnt goes up to its normal , its broken maybie it only goes up to the roofs height. its cool lol ! i like it like that , the antena is maybie sticked inside , but for your, i saw something on here that lowers the antena when you open the trunk , maybie you could get that and put it away so it will be always to the half !?

Comment

Originally posted by Hondapawa View Post
                  i saw something on here that lowers the antena when you open the trunk
                  I have one of those
                  wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
                    I have one of those
                    does it lowers it completely or to half ?

Comment

does it lowers it completely or to half ?
                      It lowers it all the way to clear the spoiler.
                      wat?

Comment

If I remember correctly, When you open up the antenna body, there will be a white plastic flex shaft that pushes the antenna up and brings it down. You can probably cut that down in length and it wont go up that far. You have to open up the antenna to see what im talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
                          It lowers it all the way to clear the spoiler.
                          Thats a cool gaget ! where did you got it ?

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747 View Post
                            If I remember correctly, When you open up the antenna body, there will be a white plastic flex shaft that pushes the antenna up and brings it down. You can probably cut that down in length and it wont go up that far. You have to open up the antenna to see what im talking about.
                            Thats a real good idea , simple !

Comment

Thats a cool gaget ! where did you got it ?
                              Junkyard, you just have to find an accord that came factory with a spoiler and it will have the harness/relay.
                              wat?

Comment

Working...
                              X