Massive back fires !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Massive back fires !!

hey guys, i can't tell a date down for sure but this problem started gradually ... now when ever i drive hard a little it will do multiple back fires i do 80-90 for 20$ of gaz .. usaly i do 150km minimum .. i feel like its running rich .. ? when i push the car till the red line at any gear and ones its at the red line and remove completely remove my foot from the gaz wait 1 second or 1.5 second it will do a HUGGGGGGGGEEE back fire ... you can easely hear me from 1 or 2 miles away , the fire ball is going out atleast in some cases 2-3 feet out of the exhaust

so my setup ... f22a6 engine , stock headers , stock down pipe , aftermarket exhaust from cat till tip ... no more cat , 2.5'' exhaust , 4'' tip cat back , new bosch spark plug wires , new bosch PLATINUM IR FUSION 4501 * suppose to fit with f22a6 without even touching it * 5w50 mobil 1 synthetic oil , new fuel filter , 91 octane gaz + i have a leak between the headers and the downpipe joint .. big leak .. can this have to do with everything ?? i'm sure its not

and at the idle it stable then oups , the idle goes down ... normal down normal down normal but not like if a vacum is the problem... i feel like the timming is the problem could of my timming belt have slepped 1 tooth and now off timming ???

just to give you give a example if i push the car till its red then suddenly let go of the gaz in down town montreal people scream for there life when a 3 feet ball of fire comes out of my exhaust and sounding like a freaking bomb lolllll i find it fucking funny happend 5 times loll but even if its fucking fun .. its really not normal ! and it did all this gradually

anyways thanks alot guys !!!!
    Honda accord Ex-i 89 : death
    Toyota celica GTS 91 : sold
    Honda accord Ex 92 :Gone to heaven..<--- click for pics <--- you miss me so much!
    Honda accord Lx 90 : the shit box...
    Honda accord Ex-R 92 :The New Cb7! <--- click for pics <--- Gonna be one clean looking JDM Cb7 !
    BMW E30 325IS 1989 :My other new toy

timing should be the first thing you check.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Make sure your tps is calibrated aswell.

Comment

yeah timming is what i'm assuming that's wrong i'm going to my buddy's place he's going to check is out he's a cb7 master loll

+ gething the car chipped at the same time
        Honda accord Ex 92 :Gone to heaven..<--- click for pics <--- you miss me so much!
        Honda accord Ex-R 92 :The New Cb7! <--- click for pics <--- Gonna be one clean looking JDM Cb7 !

Comment

Ths sounds like a timing issue.

On another note, just curious why the 5w50? Too thick for a motor designed to run 5/10w30

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
          JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Originally posted by djcaz_aom View Post
            Ths sounds like a timing issue.

On another note, just curious why the 5w50? Too thick for a motor designed to run 5/10w30
            using synthetic 5w50 ... runs freaking smooth with that ! i will always be running with 5w50 .. i'm always pushing my car

90-93 honda made the best engine with the accord ... and i'm really satisfied ! can't wait to see honda's work of art with a dsm turbo setup !

... comming next summer

Comment

Cool, keep us posted.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
              JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Ummm? I don't know wats causing ur backfire but wen u do find out tell me!!! Cuz I love backfire, I run my H a little rich just to have a little backfire, but never flames, so yea let me know,I'm serious.

Off topic: used to have a FC rx7 the only thing that I miss is the flames :' (.
                VTEC DUDE!!!!!!!

Comment

As everyone else has already said sounds like a timing issue.
                  More specifically I would say its retarded timing.
                  Check the T-belt hasn't jumped a tooth on the camgear, or the dizzy bolts havn't been loosened and moved itself round

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

big exhaust leak before the 02 sensor means the 02 gets a false reading (thinks its lean) so the comp dumps extra fuel to compensate. Extra fuel plus exhaust leak=backfire

Comment

now that you're telling me that ... it makes sence .. i'm thinking about it .. and eversince i had the leak ... its ben doing back fires !!

Comment

Working...
                      X