intake manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

intake manifold

i have a 93 dx, with a f22b1, and it went into the shop for an intake manifold gasket.. because wenever you spray carb cleaner around where the head meets the intake manifold, the engine idle dips down indicating a vacuum leak.. the intake manifold gasket was assumed to be the problem... now that he has pulled the manifold off.. he says its because its a 97 head with a 93 manifold.... can this be the problem? they lined up well as far as i knew...

leave your input please....

use some silcone hi temp sealant on the perimeter
    Summer 11' Big plans (Bodywork/paint/rims etc..) in Progress STAY TUNED

CLICK THE PIC

Comment

Originally posted by GearBangnAccord View Post
      use some silcone hi temp sealant on the perimeter
      dont listen to him. at all.

do it right the 1st time and get the intake manifold thats supposed to match to that motor. don half ass stuff when it comes to the motor. get the right intake manifold. period.

the F22b1 and F22a parts DO NOT line up with each other. if you match the intake manifold gaskets up with each other and the intake manifolds up with each other the bolts dont line up at all. get the right intake manifold for your car. Boost_Lee is selling one off his F22b1.

Comment

alright thanks..

Comment

Originally posted by and1jr17 View Post
          alright thanks..
          anytime homes. let me know if you need anything else

Comment

Is he right? I know the IM ports on the B1 are round, F22A's are oval, both w/ the hump for the injector of course. You can also compare the casting #'s in the runners, F22A1/4 would be PT3 (single runners), F22A6 is actually PT9, H23 is P14. I'm not sure what F22B1 runners would be stamped, P0A? P0B, can't remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
              Is he right? I know the IM ports on the B1 are round, F22A's are oval, both w/ the hump for the injector of course. You can also compare the casting #'s in the runners, F22A1/4 would be PT3 (single runners), F22A6 is actually PT9, H23 is P14. I'm not sure what F22B1 runners would be stamped, P0A? P0B, can't remember.
              doesnt really matter about the stamp. lol. its what the ports match to. the intake manifold on the F22b1 dont match to the F22a and vise versa.

Comment

Working...
              X