The hurt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The hurt

Ok well I was under the car inspecting the suspesnion before I start putting everything back together and run into problems later. I cam upon ripped rack boots on both sides. Most of the bushings were cracked and both lower control arm bushings weren't even there

My upper control arm bearings were both shot, both wheel bearings are no good. And the driver side end link was missing the top bushing

I always thought the car drove pretty well...So now with all new parts and a fresh suspension

So the car wont be ready for a while now. Only due to funds.
    Parts needed now:
    OEM Honda Wheel Bearings-$60ea at TASauto
    Outer tie rods-$60 at TASauto
    Rack & Pinon Boots-$15 at TASauto
    99 Acura CL hubs-$50 at junkyard
    Energy Suspension Poly bushing set-$120 at optionsauto.com
    92-96 Prelude brake rotors-$80 ebay
    SPC upper ball joints, or oem if I can find the funds-$50-$150

After shipping im looking anywere from $400-500 and thats not including the price of cv shafts, and the clutch and flywheel I steel need

So to anyone doing an H22 swap be prepared to spend a bit more you had originaly anticipated.

Just look at it this way - its a lot cheaper than biting off another chunk of debt for a new or decent used car in a time when the economy is headed straight down the crapper.
    93 EX Arcadia Coupe, 5spd, f22a6, strut bars, 2"drop, baer brakes, ingalls camber kit, tokicos w/ eibach, K&N, 205s / 16s

Comment

Working...
    X