warm idle 2K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

warm idle 2K

Hello, I just "finished" swapping my h22a and everything seems fine, except warm idle is about 2000 rmp.

It cold idles fine (800-900), but once it reaches operating temperature the thing goes up to 2K.

I am hoping that cleaning the IACV will solve the issue. If anyone else can think of something please let me know.

(could this be a FITV problem?)

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

More information

I have more information about the idle issue that may help. It appears that if I pull back on the gas pedal the idle returns to normal.

I only have the high idle after the car reaches normal operating temperature.

So it seems as though the throttle is getting stuck open at 2000 rpm after the car warms up.

any help on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

my gsr swapped hatch does the same exact thing, even after lowering the idle as low as it goes, resetting the ecu, cleaning the iacv, and letting it warm up, still 2k

94 GSR | 93 GSR

Comment

I'd play around with the FITV. It helped mine a little.
        wat?

Comment

can you adjust the dizzy? my car cold idles like at 1500

Comment

try swapping the throttle cable.

or clean around the TB valve

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
            01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
            93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
            93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

while i dont have that exact problem id suggest adjusting idle with the iacv unplugged. mine would jump and idle at 1100-1200 and maybe on a good day idle at 900.

once i adjusted the idle with iacv unplugged to 650-700, when warm it will come down to around 850.

if it idles fine cold, id def check the FITV first for operation.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
              X