Weapon R vs. AEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weapon R vs. AEM

i have been searching around for a cold air intake and wanted to know how many people have a weapon R intake and how well it performs compaired to the AEM intake?

one has a foam filter which i dont like the other one just has more bling factor to it id rather go obx or ebay why pay more if u dont have too if its not that serious. The aem is too expensive but it out performs weapon r but i have yet to see true dynoes on em both

Comment

This topic has been discussed several times with the same conclusions. The AEM puts about 4-5 whp over the stock air box. The weapon R puts around 2-3whp. It isn't much, intakes don't give dramatic results. I'd spend the loot on the AEM though, it's a better product IMO.
      My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
        one has a foam filter which i dont like the other one just has more bling factor to it id rather go obx or ebay why pay more if u dont have too if its not that serious. The aem is too expensive but it out performs weapon r but i have yet to see true dynoes on em both
        the AEM really puts around 4-5 HP, really?

I never thought it was that much, I was thinking more like 2-3

Comment

no aem puts out 1-3 if anything i have seen the chart. i'll see if ican find it. def wont give you 4-5. but hey its a mind game anyway. but i'll dig up that chart/

Comment

Originally posted by 91accord4door
            no aem puts out 1-3 if anything i have seen the chart. i'll see if ican find it. def wont give you 4-5. but hey its a mind game anyway. but i'll dig up that chart/
            Yah I said ABOUT 4-5, it's closer to 4. I saw a chart too with a civic it added BARELY 4HP. But it was 4. IDK, diff cars, diff gains.

Comment

true different car different gains so it will vary. just get what ya can afford. i think this is a useless thread and u should of searched first.

Comment

Intakes are for sound, bling, and getting in trouble w/the cops. If you have $$ for a Weapon R intake save up and get your cam reground. I love my ghetto intake's sound, but honestly even a CF Mugen foam element intake won't do much for our motors. The F22Ax has more serious fundamental flaws to be addressed on its way to making more power...the intake isn't really an issue I believe.

Originally posted by lordoja
                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by 91accord4door
                  true different car different gains so it will vary. just get what ya can afford. i think this is a useless thread and u should of searched first.
                  Just to clarify, but that is until you go to a FI route

Comment

how much more power would it give if i bored out the TB and bought an AEM?

Comment

5-8 tops. but again depends on vehicle condition,motor,etc.

Comment

what else can i do to get some low end power?

Comment

well for low end you would want a shirt ram air not a cai, and a ported polished throttle body works well, than go from there,

Comment

thanks i will do that and see how it works out

Comment

dont forget to port match ur IM or the p&p TB is pretty much useless.

Comment

Working...
                              X