Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tranny Question

ok so this is the problem..

I got a new engine and tranny shipped to me, supposed to be a JDM f22B DOHC, they shipped a JDM F22A.. I've already gotten over that though.. It came with an auto tranny bolted up to it. Since i've been driving it, it's had a really hard shift into 3rd and 4th gear at low RPM's. I tried re-setting the ECU, I figured that would reset the TCU as well, and make the probelms go away, but it didnt..

My mechanic said that there is some sort of a cable that I can adjust on my tranny so that it will shift into the gears at higher RPM's, since it only has the problem at lower rpm's, (< 3k). I really dont feel like taking it back to the mehanic and having him do it, i just want to take care of it myself, but I dont know where this would be located.

If noone knows, it's cool. I'm planning on converting to 5 speed over next summer, I just want it to be nicer to drive for the time being.
    --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

its either you synchros which i doubt sounds like a release throw-out bearing to me

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
      the cable runs to the same place as the throttle cable usually.....some are adjustable, some aren't really, but there is usually a way to adjust any of them......may come from the passenger side instead of the driver's side like the tc
      This is what he was talking about.. he said it was a cable that was right near the throttle cable. Any clue what the name of the cables are so I can look them up in the haynes manual?
      --JDM F22A--

Comment

ok so i got advice from another person who had a jdm tranny and he had the same problem.. There is suposedly a cable somewere on the front of the tranny, and adjusting that will change how high it lets the RPM's get before it changes gears. I'm going to mess with this, see if I can find where is a good spot.
        --JDM F22A--

Comment

yeah. let the tranny cable a little lose. don't make it tight.
          are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Working...
          X