Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

METAL TO METAL SOUND, I'm going insane here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

METAL TO METAL SOUND, I'm going insane here!

Alright so I've asked around and asked around and searched the board and everything and I can't come up with an answer..

I am hear a metal to metal noise when driving my car. It's not all the time. When I take my foot off the gas you hear it, when I shift between gears you hear it.. it's as if it only makes that noise when I'm slowing down, because shifting gears is like slowing down. I can't figure out what it is. I've taken the wheel off and checked all the screws and nothing is loose. If you have any input or possibly know what it is please tell me, this damn sound is driving me crazy!! I haven't really driven the car because of the noise and I want to see my babe on the road again! All input will be helpful Thanks for reading and I hope you guys can help a sista out LMAO!

Originally posted by Juice21
    thnx pimpette, your car inspired me to go lower
    Originally posted by GameChewer
    Shiit i heard that, you heard the queen!

Where abouts is it coming from? What kind of metal to metal noise? Scraping? Ticking? Fast, slow, high pitched, low pitched?

You need to describe it more.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
      Where abouts is it coming from? What kind of metal to metal noise? Scraping? Ticking? Fast, slow, high pitched, low pitched?

You need to describe it more.
      It's a high pitch, I can hear that over my exhaust LMAO and my exhaust is pretty loud! It kinda sounds like an old screw thats coming loose, or like a bag of screws that your scrapping around to find a specific one. To me, it sounds like it's coming from the passenger side.. Does that describe enough for you to help me?

Comment

Those are 2 completely different sounds, in my head anyways. Describe better. Is there any way you could get a sound clip?

Comment

Those are 2 completely different sounds, in my head anyways. Describe better. Is there any way you could get a sound clip?
          I wish I could BUT idk if the sound clip can pick up the noise over my exhaust and nobody is at home to go outside and record it as I drive down the road.

Comment

tie the camera down somewhere in the engine bay.

Comment

tie the camera down somewhere in the engine bay.
              alright, let me get dressed and I'll drive up the block and back and hopefully you can hear it lmao, keep ya fingers crossed

Comment

I agree, you're descriptions don't help out, too vague.
                HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

you think it could be that plate that holds the flex pipe to the engine block?
                  i hear people forget to rebolt that and that causes an annoying sound.

Comment

i know you did some clutch work resently... did you replace the throw out bearing? dose it do it when the clutch is enggaged or just when its not engagged? you said high pitched and on the passenger side so i am guessing throwout bearing if you didnt replace it when you was having to deal with thoese stripped out flywheel bolts

if it is the throwout bearing it should squel at idel and when you engage the clutch it should get quite

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
                    Originally posted by deevergote.
                    But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

I replaced the throwout bearing and you only hear it when you are not pushing the gas, just coasting you hear it. I tried doing tie the camera down thing, didn't work to well lmao. All you hear is wind and then I put it in my car and all you heard was the exhaust lmao. I'm going to try tomorrow to put it on the floorboard and see if you can hear it from there, hopefully you can I've just gotten to the point that i crank the radio so I don't hear it lol!!

Comment

does it happen right when you shift?like when you let go of the clutch?does the squeek sound like a small turbo ?

Comment

My car taps couse the struts tap the supports behind the rear seat when the trunk is laoded.

My car rattles couse for some reason my aftermarket exhaust touched the rear tie rod-deal.

My car grinds couse my center shaft it going bad. And you only hear it when your coasting.

My point is, its really hard to describe a "sound".

Comment

If you have my number call me and I will drive down the road talking to you so you can hear it.. Jason heard it when I was talking to him, but he had to listen hella close. I've tried recording it but you either get the wind or you get the exhaust and never can hear the squeeking over either one when it's being recorded

Comment

Put the car up on jackstands and run it in gear. (be careful, and obviously make sure it doesn't fall off when in gear, and stay completely clear of any belts whatsoever--tie your hair up/put it in a hat if it's long, take off anything that could get caught on anything rotating if you get tempted to get underneath the car, like bracelets, necklaces, wear a tight/short sleeved shirt as opposed to a looser or long-sleeved shirt--and I would suggest only doing it while you have a friend with you just in case--plus one of you can run the car, one can try to pinpoint!!)

see if you can get the sound to reproduce. That will at least tell you whether it happens under transmission/suspension load, and you can walk around the car and even go under it and try to pinpoint it.

It will give you more info for diagnosis

Comment

Working...
                              X