Seatbelt light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seatbelt light

My seatbelt light keeps coming on and going off for no aparent reason. Any ideas?
    R.I.P. Cb7 4/27/05
    My members ride page
    Official Ebay Whore Crew #1

same here.. kinda annoying, my guess is the connections are getting a little dirty(that tell it if you are buckled up) And those are inside the seatbelt buckle part, which is prolly not something to take apart.

Comment

Na, You can fix that. I got rid of mine so it won't light up when don't have my seatbelt buckled. I did it for if I am sitting somewhere with the car running, I dont have a huge red light in my face.

Just look under your seat, you should see a orange connecter with one end of wire going into the carpet and another going into the seat. Unplug that orange connector and you wont have any more problems.

Comment

Originally posted by do0dfromcali
        Na, You can fix that. I got rid of mine so it won't light up when don't have my seatbelt buckled. I did it for if I am sitting somewhere with the car running, I dont have a huge red light in my face.

Just look under your seat, you should see a orange connecter with one end of wire going into the carpet and another going into the seat. Unplug that orange connector and you wont have any more problems.

tried cleaning the sensors with contact cleaner and still.. then unplugged the connector but it light still flashes and beeps.. annoying! help!

Comment

Then there has to be a short somewhere. The light should go off with the connector unplugged.

One idea that comes to mind is maybe where the wires go into the carpet have become frayed under that carpet and now the wires connect with the floorboard metal causing it to light the dashlight.

Check under the carpet and see if you notice any exposed wires. If you do, check to see if its the same color wire going into the orange connector and you'll find your answer.

Mike

Comment

wires are ok.. checked all the fuses in the kick panel and engine bay then checked the connections for that lil computer under the pasenger seat, checked the door sensors .. any more ideas.. am i missing on somthing?

this is frustrating.. grrrr....!

Comment

anyone........?

Comment

Screw it, take out the lightbulb behind the gauge cluster

Comment

it's the beeping sound that annoys me.. grrrrrrrr......!

Comment

Your seatbelt light makes noise?

Mine never does when unbuckled

Comment

it's a 91'.. i guess that's one more difference from a 90-91 to a 92-93..

Comment

bump! anyone..?

Comment

i have a solution for your light problem if you haven't fixed it or mickey moused it yet.

when the light ccomes on and off the seat belt isn't pluged in and you can turn it off by the cconector underneath the seat, but there is a second sensor.

if you have a 90-91 then you have the automatic seatbelts. the seatbelt buckle, that thing that moves around from front to back around your door frame doesnt latch into its place good, and yes honda has a sensor there too.

i found this out when my coupe passanger auto belt went bad. I learned that there is a little wrench that you can manually operate the seatbelts and about this secondary sensor.

hope this helped and wasnt too late.

Comment

Working...
                          X