i need an exhaust silencer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i need an exhaust silencer

alright i have a 4" tail pipe, and i like it a lot but i am loosing low end, i know thisbecause its very chuggy until i reach higher rpm's. i know a lot of people dont like the big tail pipes but i do. does anyone know were to get a silencer to fit mine? i dont have that hole for a silencer but i would drill one. do they make universal silencers? i have a 4" angled/slant tip. i have seen mufflers like mine size,shape and all with silencers but i just need to find one. if anyone can link me or share info i would appreciate it.thanks.

anyone have any ideas? i think i might get the flowmaster 60 series muffler to quiet my car and also give it a more throaty and less raspy tone. does anyone think that would work? let me get some ideas, thanks.

Comment

check out ebay. i bought just the silencer before from there. 4" is a common size.

Comment

hhm didnt know that man, thanks for the input. do you have a link for ebay? thanks again i will search now. do they just screw on? i dont know how they go on i know that mufflers with them have that little hole at the tip? thanks/.

Comment

u heard my exhaust. all i have is a 20 dollar turbo muffler from auto zone. sounds deep not loud.thats your cheapest bet.go down to lou's custom exhaust in brockton 50 bux installed parts/labor.

Comment

yo sucks bout your accident man. i actually forget what your car sounds like bro. but i am going to lous tommorrow toget opinions and price check.thanks.

Comment

No prob hey it happened on my way back from everetts. sux i just dumped $5,000 in to it too. need to get ahold of maple to get parts !!!!

Comment

damn what happend? i see you have mad a LOT of changes since our last get together. iliked all the changes too man.everything was coming together for ya. good luck with your project bro.

Comment

Originally posted by 91accord4door
                  hhm didnt know that man, thanks for the input. do you have a link for ebay?
                  www.ebay.com
                  and i had a glass pack/cherry bomb muffler. it was deep and loud, and not raspy at all. sounded right nice. bought it for 15, put it on myself, got the weld on it done for 10 bucks.
                  hooray me.
                  not for everyone, but i liked it
                  2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                  2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

lol i didnt mean a ebay link like i said i ment alink to asilencer. thanks though. ya my biggest concern is getting back some lost back pressure because lower rpms really sucks now and my exhaust is to raspy but i dontlike small tips i like the one i have now i just want a deeper more throaty tone thats not so annoying but dont know what to do because i'm confused about optionsi have......theres soo many. i know my cats shit because the "honey comb" is all broekn inside and shit so thats getting replaced first, next i was thinking a 60 series flowmaster muffler that way i can keep my tip i have now and at the same time getsome deeper tone with the 60 series but now the glass pack comes into play, what exacty are they for? i need to decide withing 5 days because i need a sticker asap.thanks guys.

Comment

im not sure why they are called glass packs, but they are just a straight through muffler design with a chamber kinda and are varying lengths. meijer sells them as cherry bomb mufflers. they are red, but i sprayed mine silver, because i didnt want the big red thing being seen in the back. i had varying tips on mine as well.
                      good luck
                      2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                      2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

^ bump just looking for some more options people might have. anyone agree witha flowmaster 60 series welded in before my tip? seems like that might make it a bit throaty. and oh ya anyone knoe a good online shop that sells cat converters.......aftermarket or stock? i need a new one.

Comment

They call them glass packs because the inside has fiberglass...

Comment

Working...
                          X