need tips on trans cooler install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need tips on trans cooler install

Im going to install an auto trans cooler, and i was wondering if I should do away with the stock cooler and run it direct to the aftermarket, or if i should use both...

Also, I cant find any honda AT fluid, and im sure i will lose a lil fluid when im doin the install, so I have to top it off....is there any other fluid I can use...i cant find honda ATF at autozone, napa, or o'reiley...will it hurt to mix, even if its that little of fluid...

thanks guys

Formerly 91AccordExR33
    11.68 @ 127mph
    417whp/375wtq
    Sold: 8/2016

use dextron if u cant find it, its ok...dextron 3 valvaline has worked for me

only place to find honda atf is at the dealer.

i installed my tranny cooler, mounted it behind the air condenser lines in front of the radiator and the power steering cooler lines. then ran the lines to the side through a hole and back to the tranny. but i had to loosen and space the condenser lines though...those are the black lines steel lines...

first i let the lines run from the tranny cooler on the radiator (this only applies to auto matics) and then to the tranny cooler then from the tranny cooler back into the transmission.

do put a cardboard under the car! hahah you may need it.

if u are installing in ur front bumper take it off and leave it off...its easier.

its pretty easy, just gotta decide ur location on where u want it.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

how much of the dex 3 will i need to top off the Honda ATF? If i have to buy additional lines, which kind of hose do i get at autozone?

Formerly 91AccordExR33
      11.68 @ 127mph
      417whp/375wtq

Comment

sorry for the double post.
        Last edited by accordmaniac; 10-06-2004, 04:58 AM.
        1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
        2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
        3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
        4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
        5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

I have auto transmission cooler installed on my CB7.
          You must use both auto transmission cooler and radiator
          for efficient cooling.

Model: Hayden Mid size one. (I don't remeber which model it was)
          URL: http://www.haydenauto.com/transoilcoolers.htm

Install on to front of radiator, right side and use some zip tie
          and zip it to powersteering cooler.

About AFT.. after installation.. I don't even needed to add extra fluid.

Connection
          auto transmission (output) -> radiator (input) -> radiator (output)
          -> auto cooler (input) -> auto cooler (output) ->
          auto transmission (input)

As you know we have stock auto transmission cooler built into radiator.

Good luck!
          2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
          4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*

Comment

thanks man, imma get some lines, clamps, zip ties, DEX III to top off and see if i can mount it where a CAI would go....

Formerly 91AccordExR33
            11.68 @ 127mph
            417whp/375wtq

Comment

usually the kits come wiht clamps and stuff...damnit i had my bumper off today too to show u.

but basically u can run the wires where the throttle cable attaches to the tranny, and then through the front bumper...there is a huge hole there where the ac condenser lines go through and u can run the lines through there.
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

oh i needed fluid badly...but it depends if u fuk up or not, u might as well do a drain and fill for this since ur down there...and get some new fluid in.

dextron 3 is about 1.90 a quart
                honda atf is about almost 4.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Yup..

Auto transmission cooler kit comes with hose and clamps..
                  You only need zip ties and ATF (Detron III)..
                  (Honda ATF is recommended)

If you can find small size fuel filter.. you can attach to the
                  cooler line and use as ATF filter..

Thats all.

Comment

Working...
                  X