Car won't start need help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car won't start need help.

Someone I know bought a 90/91 accord coupe. The person they bought it from said that it was hydrolocked. When he got it the motor wouldn't crank over or anything. So when they were towing it back to his house the person driving the car put the car into second and dropped the clutch. Well the car didnt start it actually stopped the suburban that was pulling it. But now the car will turn over, but not start. We have checked the
    Fuses, ECU, Distributor, Main Relay, and can't think of anything else. He tried a Honda 1.5 ECU and the car actually started up and ran for about 10 seconds before it cut off and wouldn't start again no matter what.

What do you guys think, the motor is shot, or is it something else?
    1990 Protege SE DOHC swap
    1991 Accord DX Coupe
    1992 Accord LX

if it was hydrolocked the engine is pretty much shot. That means that water got into the cylinder. Water does not compress quite as much as gas does. It causes the engine to throw a rod most of the time.. looks like you shoudl get a new engine for it..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

that looks like a pretty good deal on a really nice engine that will fit in a cb7..

bad idea buying a hydrolocked engine.
    --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

He got the car cheap enough to where it wasn't a big deal if he needed to get another motor.

If it was hydrolocked I don't see it starting up and running for a little bit. Now the motor cranks just fine no seizing or anything, it just wont start.

I also forgot to mention that sometimes it isn't getting spark and sometimes no fuel. Then othertimes it does, but still won't run.

Not only that the guy he got it from is a complete idiot, and i'm not too sure that it actually was hydrolocked.

I'm going to search about that F20A motor. If there isn't anything on the forums can you give me some info on that swap? It's a lot less procey than an H22 swap. I can't see myself spending as much as it does to swap the H22 in. I just dont think its worth it. I'd boost way before I did that, and get as much power for alot less than that H22 swap.
      1991 Accord DX Coupe
      1992 Accord LX

Comment

bump
        1991 Accord DX Coupe
        1992 Accord LX

Comment

Working...
        X